pitch envelopes? mod matrix values % = semi tones?

• Just need help with applying pitch envelopes. Seems the only way to do this is in the mod matrix, but the values are in % instead of semi tones, what value % is a semitone?

would also be nice to have a dedictaed pitch envelope

bound to be an obvious answer...cheers

• Don't hold me to it, but I'm quite sure each increment on the slider in the mod matrix is a semitone.

Therefore, +12 is an octave, +24 is two octaves and so on.

• The modulation matrix destination values are %s because they control the extent the value of the modulation source modulates the destination - so if the source value range is too much or too little for the desired result it can be adjusted, in other words, using your ears is the best way.
    LFO1 has a default routing to OCS1 and 2 pitch (page 1/3 of its panel menu), when set to ENV mode it can be considered a dedicated pitch envelope.

• surely theres a way to modulate oscilator pitch by semi tones or octaves with out guessing?!

Modulation Matrix amounts are integer amounts, the hardwired LFO routings are % amounts.

Use the mod matrix like I described above. +12 amount is an octave. Each increment is therefore a semitone.

If you're using the hardwired LFO routings you'll have to use your ears.

I always use the mod matrix for such things as it takes the guesswork out of using my ears.