Can the TI make this sound (Sound from Virus C)

• I've just followed the vid whilst twiddling with my TI, you can make something which I think sounds better than on that video (possibly YouTube is messing the sound up slightly)

I found that using about 33% FM & then when assigning LFO1 to osc 1 & 2 pitch in the mod matrix all I needed was +1 & -1. I didn't boost the eq as much as the vid suggested & I also used Ambience Reverb with a shorter tail.

Once I got to the bit where the vid sets the Arp to hold I fine tuned everything just to make the sound nicer, experiment with the Sub Osc amount & Noise amounts, also try different filter 2 cutoff settings until you get to a point where you are happy.

I didn't use very much distortion at all, ending up with Light Distortion 35.2% mix & 8.6% Intensity

• Am I right in thinking that if I loaded a Virus C patch into my TI I should get exactly the same sound? I get the impression that the Virus team are pretty rabid about making new models backwardly compatible.

• Am I right in thinking that if I loaded a Virus C patch into my TI I should get exactly the same sound? I get the impression that the Virus team are pretty rabid about making new models backwardly compatible.

Yes it should. Same algorithms, same sound - although the different converters might make VERY subtle differences.

You might find differences in some mod matrix links, though, as they changed some 'per note' parameters into 'per patch' ones - for example, you can't key track reverb mix polyphonically, now, or you can't link reverb amount to the amp envelope.