sending sysex data to Virus Ti

• Hello,
    In general there's nothing you need to "switch on" in the TI to be able to receive SysEx data, however you might want to check two things:

- the "Receive Midi Dump" menu

Make sure this one is set to "enable" or even to force the incoming data to a certain RAM bank if wanted.

- the Midi Device ID in the "Midi 1/3" menu

The Device ID needs to be the same you generated the dump on the Virus b. Additionally there's also another important thing: what type of data did you back up from your Virus b to Cubase? Did you do the RAM Banks only or what Midi Dump Type did you select in the Virus b?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Thanks for your reply jorg,

i saved my ram banks a and b. I dont know how i did it but i managed to get bank a on to the TI. However it has overwritten the ram a sounds on the ti. When i did it on a mac In was able to access my archived sounds in a seperate bank. Anyway, looks like i will have to get another mac.

thanks again for your reply. it was helpful.

• It is normal for any incoming SysEx sound dump to overwrite the patches of the RAM bank the SysEx dump is directed to.
    I just thought I point this out, since it is not possible to send a SysEx dump to a TI without some data getting overwritten.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner