Severe problems with virus TI and installer 4.5.3

• Hello!

Since two or three days i ran into severe problems with cubase 5 and virus Ti2 plugin.

History:
    I made an update to Ti OS 4.5.3 three weeks before. The install process was difficult. It ran til the point of creating shortcuts and seems to freeze after clicking ok to the dialog where it said "turn on your virus now to install the software suite" or similar. So i had to kill the process.
    I ran the virus Control Center and it says there is an update and this way it worked.
    Everything worked fine until three days ago.

Something (maybe cubase) deletes the access folder with the virusTi.dlls randomly.
    copying the dlls into the folder again leads sometimes to blacklisting the virus.dlls.
    removing the blacklist.xml did not help. It was inserted again.

reinstalling (updating) virus TI software helps sometimes but then after restart the computer one of three things

happen:

1) cubase says "virus connections could not be found."(In projects where it was used)
    when loading a new instance of virus in a NEW project the Virus control says there is a version mismatch and i have to update.

or
    2) access folder is removed from vstPlugins. (sometimes even the program/access folder)

or
    3) virus not found (then its blacklisted by cubase).

So it starts all over again!

This is a severe issue for me since the virus is active in all projects i have. I worked with it for 1 1/2 years now

and i never had problems like this.

I have no explanation why this happens now, since the 4.5.3 version worked about 3 weeks without problems.
    Nonetheless there is no way to complete the installation process normal. It freezes always, i have to kill the
    process. The installation seems ok anyway...

Except the few times it crashes my computer completely. :(

OS Windows 7 64bit
    cubase 5.5.3 32 bit
    virus ti OS 4.5.3

Anyone with similar experiences?

virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5 32 bit

• Update:

after restarting the computer the dll files are even deleted from a vstplugins folder only used by reaper. So i suppose its not cubase who deletes the files.
    I´m somewhat upset that something (Windows OS?) just deletes files on reboot. How can this happen?? :cursing:

virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5 32 bit

• I´am the only one with that installer problem?
    Anyway i found a solution (nah, lets say workaround)
    As i said the installer freezes on my machine right after creating shortcuts and copying. I have to stop it per taskmanager.
    This time i watched the processlist carefully and saw that there are three msiexec processes running while installing. None of them stopped when i ended the installer per taskmanager.
    So this time i killed each of the msi - processes and this helped. the files were no longer deleted after reboot.

maybe this helps someone with similar problems.

virus ti2 polar
    asus p7p 55d mb
    i5 750 processor
    windows 7 64 bit
    cubase 5.5 32 bit