Atomizer help needed

• Hey all, I've had my Ti2 now for over a year and just decided to see what Atomizer is all about. I'm running Cubase 5 and I am aware of all the issues regarding Atomizer, Cubase and side chaining. I came across these 2 videos showing you how to get Atomizer working with Cubase...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Hopefully they'll help some of you out there having problems. However I've followed them step by step and although I've got Atomizer to work, the original sample that is playing continues to play while the Atomizer effect is triggered. Obviously the original sample is meant to be cut when the effect is triggered. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know how to solve it? It's obviously possible to get working as in both these videos Atomizer works perfectly. Just to let you know my Ti is connected directly to my PC via USB and also via my soundcard (I don't use the Virus as my soundcard) via 2 midi cables. I spent an hour surfing the net looking for some help on this before posting here, but I couldn't find a solution, or even anyone else with the same problem.

• I've given up on the Atomizer, I managed to get it working in different ways through different methods but its not straight forward at all.

There isn't much guidance from Access at all to know how to use it and wish it was more user friendly as think it would be an amazing tool I would use in my studio sessions.

Make it easier please Access as everything else is a dream to use.

• There isn't much guidance from Access at all to know how to use it and wish it was more user friendly as think it would be an amazing tool I would use in my studio sessions.

there is an entire manual dedicated to atomizer but setting up a side chained audio instrument in cubase does not work since cubase does not support audio instrument side chaining. there is nothing we can do about it. you're free to contact steinberg and ask them why cubase does not support steinberg's own VST standard in this regard.
    best, marc

• there is an entire manual dedicated to atomizer but setting up a side chained audio instrument in cubase does not work since cubase does not support audio instrument side chaining. there is nothing we can do about it. you're free to contact steinberg and ask them why cubase does not support steinberg's own VST standard in this regard.
    best, marc

Thanks Marc, I am using Cubase and I am aware of the problem with the VST plugin and why it is not supported. I will contact Steinberg about this.

The same goes for the Vocoder as I still haven't managed to work out how to use it but would love to know how. Cheers