New Virus TI OS that runs properly with Lion.

• I am eager to believe you...i have contacted support over this...and if your right then you should be able to help me..i look forward to resolving this.

• see this is what i dont understand....you say this yet.....I have a brand new Macbook pro wih Lion and a brand new Virus ti2 Polar.

where is the problem?

• i think this problem has to be usb related,the Virus was never 100% stable but it could string a few days together,altering a midi file shouldn't put the Virus out of sorts,other than that my Macbook only has Reason 6 and Ableton Live 8 and Reaktor 5 on it,it is used solely for music production,i appreciate every computer is different and keeping up with all the different setups is quite a task,i merely want it up and running.I think i will have to ring support to troubleshoot this,thanks for the reply.

• i think this problem has to be usb related,the Virus was never 100% stable but it could string a few days together,altering a midi file shouldn't put the Virus out of sorts,other than that my Macbook only has Reason 6 and Ableton Live 8 and Reaktor 5 on it,it is used solely for music production,i appreciate every computer is different and keeping up with all the different setups is quite a task,i merely want it up and running.I think i will have to ring support to troubleshoot this,thanks for the reply.

tomski, you will not get your problem solved unless you work with access support. whatever you think it is caused by, please bare in mind when you mention it the next time, that this exact combo works fine for others. we have offered you help multiple times now and i think the effort of putting more info together in order for us to understand what's going wrong with your setup should be worth it in the end.
    marc

• i am currently in contact with support and have been over the past 3 weeks,in which time the Virus has been stable then unstable,then completely unstable....i have just completely wiped my hard drive for the 2nd time..so there should be no reason for the Virus to have any conflicts whatsoever..i am reinstalling everyhting form scratch with a blank canvas..exactly what was done when i bought the Virus Ti running on Lion osx..these problems all occured with a brand new Macbook pro that had not been connected to the internet except to download the Virus software...these problems occured on a completely new Macbook pro fresh out of the box!

• the Virus is back to working again,having wiped my macbook..i could do with some advice on how to prevent the Virus from becoming unstable again...it seems to work fine for a week or so then slowly start to become corrupt...i cant believe that i have to refrain from downloading anything!! i.e my plugins and other software...but for now i am holding off Reason 6 and my other software just incase it upsets the Virus and TI...i'm going to backup from the Virus centre as well.

• 8 hours of flawless performance....no software apart from Ableton Live 8 and Virus TI and flash player..break-up begins....i tested the Virus around 20 times in the first 8 hours...not a peep...absolutely flawless...now 8 hours in those pops and clicks start to come back...i'm not trying to be an asshole here..i'm merely pointing out whats happening on my blank Macbook pro..so i can get some feedback as to what exactly is happening as people are always told it is there computer setups not the Virus...i truly hope the Vc is now completely stable and i now have no more troubles...for the record.

• would be NICE but i doubt it... as to many people her have decided to work in stand alone......and trust me here, i have had to work out for myself that my mac computer could give enough usb bandwidth but the virus is actually not capable of doing what access team suggest...Though this is where people seem to put up with it because it dose sound amazing!!!

• Thanks for the message Louis i have given using it in standalone mode a lot of thought,having used Virus control though its quite a bitter pill to swallow,Virus control is so easy to use..the whole Virus control thing is very impressive,its just a shame it seems shakey at best...but hey if i actually want to get any work done this might be the only option time will tell anyway.all the best.

• had the first real start up problem today...nothing had changed on the system,its been left alone on purpose to make sure the problems were on occuring with Total intergration and the connection via the hub

• You know you can alternate between TI and stand alone - design your sounds using the VSTi, grin and bare with the glitches, burn the desired patches onto a ROM bank, and compose your music in stand alone (preferably using the SPDIF).

thanks,sounds like this is the way to go

• I am a newbie here. After selling my dotcom recently, I finally got around to building a studio in my house and using all of the modern and vintage hardware I have purchased over the past couple of years.

Imagine my shock when all of the Moog, Dave Smith, Waldorf, Roland, Arp, Elektron, and Akai stuff works great with my highly-spec'd iMac running Ableton Live 8.2.6, but. . .

. . .the Virus TI VST plugin can't stay connected to my TI2 Polar for more than 7 minutes without dropping. None of my other plugins have issues, and everything else operates normally. The only thing that reengages the connection is physically pulling the USB and replugging it in.

I have tried every possible combination of USB connection, including 4 different powered hubs as well as direct connections to all 4 slots on the back of the iMac. Nothing helps.

I am running TiOS 4.5.3.00

• i think as said above....for me at least...standalone mode using the Virus with midi cables for peformance and then Vc for sound design is the way to go...good old midi cables are rock solid and night and day when compared to usb and total intergration...the difference is unreal!...because the Virus sounds so pleasant it makes you put up with it...having used total intergration it is sooo soul destroying not to have it all working how it should as its ingenious as far as the easy of work and joy of use...then reality kicks in and its just a tanterlising juicy carrot on a stick just out of reach...if the TI worked perfectly no hiccups..it would truly be the ultimate synth. :thumbdown:

• please contact access support, they'll help you out.
    best, marc

• the Virus is back to working again,having wiped my macbook..i could do with some advice on how to prevent the Virus from becoming unstable again...it seems to work fine for a week or so then slowly start to become corrupt...i cant believe that i have to refrain from downloading anything!! i.e my plugins and other software...but for now i am holding off Reason 6 and my other software just incase it upsets the Virus and TI...i'm going to backup from the Virus centre as well.

Reason's shit anyways :D