Direct audio bounce

• Hi here,

I think it could be really great to be able to bounce your sounds from the Virus without recording them one by one, actually if you want to bounce you have to record in audio all long of your track, part by part, it take too much time !
    For example "Maschine" from Native Instruments have a great drag & drop system from midi to audio.
    For the moment, it's impossible to freeze the Virus with Ableton live to convert directly in audio, "No audio Output to freeze".

( Excuse me i'm not very good in English ;) )

What do you think about it ?
    How do you bounce actually ? Do you think it's a good way to do it ?

• The bad news is that there is no feasible way to freeze a Virus (MIDI) track since the Virus cannot run offline. The problem is that the VSTi and the sound engine run on different CPUs and negotiate over the USB. The only solutions I can think of are (a) to build a hard drive into the Virus so it can bounce itself on demand (can't see that happening), or (b) program some kind of a background-real-time bounce feature into the DAW, which will use all the time when you are not using the Virus for bouncing tracks for itself.
    The good news is that you can make use of the 3 USB audio outs, and alternate between them as output routings for your patches. This way (if your DAW has this feature) you can resample/record output of 3 Virus tracks at a time. A x3 speedup should not be taken lightly.
    Bouncing tracks to audio is good practice before the final mixing stage, whatever the instrument is - it gives you a clean slate off of which to start your mixing (preferably in a new project file/directory).