Virus TI Software Suite 4.5.3.00 ends up with error - rolling back issue

• Hello Virus-TI Experts!

i hope you guys can help me. I've got a Virus TI Polar and a Sony VAIO Laptop with Windows Vista. I can remember that I've already installed the drivers successfully. However, after some days were I didn't use the Virus TI I've wanted to play with it using my Laptop. I've connected the Virus TI and it was recognized as a new device.

However, I've started the setup for the TI but it was not installed successfully. It ends up with the "Rolling back action" and the message "Virus TI Software Suite ended prematurely because of an error ...". Before the error pops up there was no update of the Virus TI firmware. But I don't know why!

What I've done so far:

- removed all drivers using the setup, also directory in C:/Program Files/Access Music
    - tried to install older versions of the TI e.g. 3.3.x.x
    - used registry cleaner and install stuff again
    - removed all other periphal devices, also the TI and plugged it when I was asked by the installer to plug it in
    - also tried to don't plug in the synth even when installer asks me to plug it in

- searched different forums, but didn't find any answer solving my problem :(

Hope somebody as a hint for me!

Configuration:
    Access Virus TI Polar
    Windows Vista 32 Bit

Thanks in advance
    Martin

• I get the same error as well when trying to install 4.5.3.00

I had to go back to 3.3.5.02 to get it to install on Win7x64

I have idea why the latest driver/installer doesn't work.

Anybody?

• Happens to me too on Win7 pro 64 bit. Installer does a rollback at the point where you are asked to plug in the Virus. I tried everything I could think of, different USB ports, different cables, every version of the driver I could find. Even bought an extra PCI USB card to be sure the Virus has an exclusive USB port.

In the end I had to go back to 3.3.5.02, it's the only version that seems to install on 64 bit. Reading trough the forums it seems many people have the rollback problem with the 64 installers and that this problem was already there in version 3 until they fixed it in 3.3.5.2. Version 4.x.x.x, same problem reappeared. What irks me the most is the fact that it just rolls back without an error message :cursing:. This way I don't have a clue what the cause could be.

Can anyone from Access shed light on the matter?

• Try fresh installed windows 7 os and disable other feature on your bios setup like Bluetooth,internal sound card.then disconnect extra usb stuff and then try install new os!!!
    also run memory diagnostic on windows 7 and check your ram.

• Thanx for the tip but a complete reinstall of Windows is not an option right now. Busy job, no time.

I just heard OS5 is around the corner. Maybe that fixes the installer issue. If 3.5 setup works, so should any other, so what does 4.3 does differently from 3.5?

Try fresh installed windows 7 os and disable other feature on your bios setup like Bluetooth,internal sound card.then disconnect extra usb stuff and then try install new os!!!
    also run memory diagnostic on windows 7 and check your ram.

• Well i also have trouble with the lastest installer. USB 2.9.4 is not starting error code 10. Also no know sollution. So there goes my creativity for an unknown period of time. :cursing:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3