Level adjust for Attack & Sustain Slope

• I'd like to have the ability to independently set the max level for the attack & sustain slope. Currently, from what I can tell, they only go to the maximum which isn't always what I want to happen. This can be remedied a little by setting a velocity to assign amount but sometimes it would be preferable to have independent levels for the two parameters.

The parameters I'm thinking of are L1 & L3 in this envelope

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2479/screenshot20111017at160.png]

• It's by no means a must have feature but it's a lot more useful than it might seem at first glance, if you can set these parameters then you could use it to make your patches a bit more expressive.

You might need quite a strong peak on the attack then at the end of the decay phase if you set a nice long sustain slope you might not want it to end up as powerful as the attack if the note is held or vice versa.

It's also useful for envelope controlled pitch, filter or lfo speed modulations, it would be doubly useful for those if we had loopable envelopes but that would be a different request.

The max level of the sustain slope doesn't have to end up higher than the attack phase, it works well the other way too. The way the envelopes
    work now is at the end of the decay phase it reaches the sustain level then if you have set a positive slope it gradually goes back to max or if it's set to negative it gradually closes the envelope. If we could determine the end level of the attack & the sustain slope then it would open up even more possibilities for Virus based sound design.

Here's a couple of different ideas, L2 is the equivalent of the Virus sustain level but if that diagram was from the Virus & we used sustain slope then the diagrams L3 would end up at the same level as the end of the attack phase.

The different lfo wave shapes we already have are very useful but they have been pre determined for us. As far as I can tell, we can't make either of these two envelope shapes with the current envelopes.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6384/screenshot20111201at171.png]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6384/screenshot20111201at171.png]

• You might be able to if you modulate whatever is controlling the envelope amount (osc volume / enevelope amount / routing amount) by a sawtooth LFO in ENV mode, the top graph can be acheived with positive LFO routing and the bottom one can be acheived by negative routing. But I'm just saying that for the sake of the argument. It's obvious that the more parameters we have, the more LFOs we can free up for more useful tasks.

You know what I'd like to have? Instead of ADS for note on and R for note off, I'd like to have ADS for both, or at least an ENV LFO that can be triggered by a note off.

• You might be able to if you modulate whatever is controlling the envelope amount (osc volume / enevelope amount / routing amount) by a sawtooth LFO in ENV mode, the top graph can be acheived with positive LFO routing and the bottom one can be acheived by negative routing.

Theoretically, that would be possible I suppose. It would possibly mess with the decay phase and/or the sustain slope a little, it would also change your attack phase if that was quite long & you weren't using lfo 3 with a delay set. I think it would be hard to get exact control of the shape, not a bad idea though, I'll experiment with that a little.

Zitat

But I'm just saying that for the sake of the argument.

I'm always interested in hearing alternative ideas for ways to get things done, that's the great thing about these forums. Argue as much as you want if it helps me learn new things…

(Of course, keep it polite though ;) )

Zitat

You know what I'd like to have? Instead of ADS for note on and R for note off, I'd like to have ADS for both, or at least an ENV LFO that can be triggered by a note off.

Now that, is a great idea. There's already a Velocity Off source in the mod matrix so if there was an Env Trigger or LFO Trigger destination it would be possible.

I've got some Reaktor ensembles that do exactly that :thumbup: