New iMac Compared to MacBookPro Snow

• I cannot believe how happy I am with my Virus Snow on my new Macbook pro, Lion, Logic 9. I have had nothing but problems with my iMac 27" I7. Both apples have the same programs, versions, and almost same specs. But I guess this was a USB issue i was having with the IMAC. Really the iMac and macbookpro, don't have the best options. But Plugged into the USB port closest to the power plug. This virus is running mint.

I was also having an issue with my Apogee Duet Firewire. I guess some peole should really look into blaming Apple instead of Access.

Marc, Im sorry for trashing your company's product. But so far my love of this synth is making me forget about using my 13" MBP, instead of the iMac 27"

• Apple's known to change hardware specs with little to no advance warning. in 2007 they swapped the FW chipsets from Texas Instruments to Agere chipsets which were cheaper and these caused quite a ruckus for several audio Interface manufacturers.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• They're going to love me in the Apple Store when I next need to upgrade - I will have with me the Virus Snow and my FireWire audio interface for starters! Leaving nothing to chance.

Determined to make those Genius guys earn their living. ;)

• They're going to love me in the Apple Store when I next need to upgrade - I will have with me the Virus Snow and my FireWire audio interface for starters!

There's no point doing that, none of the computers will have the required software installed to enable you to test them in the shop.

I've turned up at the Apple store once before with my computer in one hand & the Virus in the other determined to find out if it was an Apple or Access issue but there was no way to test the Virus on any equipment other than mine.

• Figured that would be the case with the macs at the Apple Store. Is there any reliable way to tell from the System Profiler how the USB ports are configured? Thankfully my iMac7,1 gives me pretty reliable separate USB busses.

• You can see what's connected to what if you click the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen then select "About This Mac" click "More Info" in the box that opens.

Click the hardware disclosure triangle if you need to, right at the bottom of that list it will say USB, click that & you should have all the info you need.

My Virus is connected to the same Hub as the IR Receiver & Built-in iSight, all other USB devices are on a different USB High Speed Bus.