I\m waiting for the magic day

• now Virus Ti1 is pretty stable but sometimes is becoming unstable so i must turn the Virus off and on to solve the problem . I'm working with this machine in long sessions 2-6 hours per session every day and is becoming a little annoying. After working 30min...1 hours a bid failure is happening and Ti goes crazy . So i must turn the machine OFF >ON to solve the failure . The crash becomes more obvious if the polyphony is full . For every project i use 6 to max 10 presets but Virus is playing only 2 or 3 fat sounds at the same time .I use only 2-3 sounds at the same time because is much more stable .and that;s how good songs are made . Normally 3 good sounds will take all the poly and is ok . I don't need more than 3 presets at the same time . All i need is this machine to be 100% stable. It seems that Ti becomes unstable in long sessions and when the poly is hardly used . So i never use 4 presets at the same time .

when the failure is happening Ti is loosing the control of some MIDI channels so those channels become muted ..or if i use arps the arps go crazy by playing without control ...so i loose the control between DAW >midi> some Virus parts. Please make this machine 100% stable .Ti is the only hardware synth that worth every penny so I can't work without this synth because all the other synths are stupid and ridiculous compared to Ti . This machine is like a synthesis heaven ...I just need more stability . I'm just tired to turn the machine OFF and ON every hour ....

• lol... ?

yes for example a Moog Voyager is only mono compared to Ti 16 parts !!! and Voyager don;t have VST integration . Plus Ti is perfect for dance, house , electronica ...trance of course )) ...etc while Voyager is not so perfect for any of this . With Ti is all about speed... With the other synths you loose BIG time . With Ti i can make a song in 24 hours . With other synths takes 3.to 4 days for the same song ....

• Sounds like you haven't had any experience at all with analog synths I take it? You know you can go to walmart and shop for speakers, food, and clothing all in one place. Personally I've always had better results shopping in the places that specialize in what I'm looking for!

The majority of big dancefloor hits are not a result of 16 layers of synths and sounds at once.. they rely primarily on quality of sounds, not quantity.

• Are you 100% sure that it's the Virus TI itself that's unstable?

Or, to put it another way: Could it be that your computer, computer configuration, software, etc. (a computer-related issue) is causing your TI to crash?

• I hear that the Virus TI is supposed to work amazingly while in Stand alone mode, and that the majority of issues are computer related when used in Total Integration. Personally I've found, especially since the recent release of the new OS my TI2 is very stable indeed! I actually think my Protools hardware is more glitchey than the Virus to be honest!

• Are you 100% sure that it's the Virus TI itself that's unstable?

Or, to put it another way: Could it be that your computer, computer configuration, software, etc. (a computer-related issue) is causing your TI to crash?

i think is Virus TI because i also have a Motif XS6 and a Korg M3. Motif and Korg both units are working perfectly ..but the Virus integration is causing problems .Yes now Ti is pretty stable but not perfect stable . I have tested Virus integration on 3 different computers .. My actual Pc is intel i5 760 runing with minimum DPC latency . I also use a dedicated USB hub for Virus ...And of course i use the latest updates for every software hardware ..So... i'm waiting for the next Ti update

• [quote='goldenanalog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16808#post16808]Are you 100% sure that it's the Virus TI itself that's unstable?

i think is Virus TI because i also have a Motif XS6 and a Korg M3. Motif and Korg both units are working perfectly....

Its more than likely the computer, just because your XS6 and M3 are working fine, that doesn't mean all other synths will. They are all made of different components and have different requirements for working smoothly.

There is a guide in the new OS update on how to get your Virus working well with your DAW, read it and see what it says :)