Is the Virus TI Snow compatible with USB 3.0? Trouble installing TI Software

• I bought a USB 3.0 PCIe card because I couldn't install the TI software properly - for some reason my desktop wasn't recognizing the Virus TI Snow during installation.

I tried installing it on my much older, decrepit, slower-than-hell laptop and it installed fine, but I tried every port on my desktop and nothing would go.

So I ended up buying a USB 3.0 PCIe card with dedicated USB ports and tried to install again on my desktop. Still nothing. "No Virus TI can be found". And "Installation ended prematurely" errors.

I'm thinking I might have made an error by buying USB 3.0... So is the Virus compatible with it or not?

?(

• Your question should be "is my USB adapter compatible with the Virus TI?"... At least according to Access, not every manufacturer fully complies to the backwards compatibility requirements of USB3, at least when it comes to USB1.1 devices. You can contact support, and search this forum to find a partial list of compatible and incompatible products.

• No such official list that I know of. Regarding motherboards, you should look in the specs for the USB architecture, namely to see if the bus is shared over an internal hub (bad), or if there is at least one USB bus that is available directly without any sharing (use it for the Virus).

Well, I tried it in every single USB port on my computer with a keyboard as the only other device (no other peripheral hardware connected) and it wouldn't work..

Even if these were over an internal hub, when there is no other devices connected it should still work....

I'm "flabber"gasted I can't figure this out.

• :)

When I said internal hub, I also meant that on-board internal devices use it. You can see what is going on using the Device Manager in View>Devices by connection mode (I'm guessing you're using windows because of FL studio - the profiler does the same thing on mac).
    Buying a USB adapter was the right move, but USB2 would have been a safer bet.

• I had the exact same problem as you describe and also purchased a dedicated USB 3.0 card with no success.
    I have almost the same MB as you (p8z68 pro-v). My solution was to buy this hub recommended by others here and support.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ESN9GA

It is the only thing connected to my USB port in the back. Then i have my Snow, mouse and other things connected to the hub.
    Now it works, strange but true :thumbup: .

• I have a USB 3.0 port on my Asus G73J notebook, and Windoze tells me it can't connect after a few seconds of trying.

Speaking of USB, I can no longer connect the VSTi in Ableton Live like I used to be able to. It tells me to do the reboot holding down the ARP Edit key and wait 20 seconds...30 seconds..etc., no connection. I can connect the standalone Virus Control Center, but ONLY if I go through the reboot holding down the Exit button in order to go into USB mode on the TI2. It used to recognize it right away in either Live or the VCC. I uninstalled, reinstalled, changed the order of the uninstall/reinstall (VCC and LIve), spent about 2 hours scrubbing the registry of anything remotely Virus related (being careful not to mess up my virus protection software) ALL to now avail. I'm about ready to try to re-install Windoze or just give up on Total Integration entirely. I don't really need it if I can get my son to give me my old MacBook back and add RAM to get it from 2GB to 4GB, buy a new battery for it, and use my old copy of Digital Performer 6.x, which I HATE.

Yes, this is a BIT of a rant, but I'm so *&*#ing frustrated with Virus Control.

• I had the exact same problem as you describe and also purchased a dedicated USB 3.0 card with no success.
    I have almost the same MB as you (p8z68 pro-v). My solution was to buy this hub recommended by others here and support.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ESN9GA

It is the only thing connected to my USB port in the back. Then i have my Snow, mouse and other things connected to the hub.
    Now it works, strange but true :thumbup: .

Are you using windows 7 x64? What version of the OS did you install?

Thanks for the info.