I cannot see any posts!

• Hi, i have a strange problem. When i'm logged in, i can see the forums, but as soon as i choose a sub forum i can't see any posts at all. The forum is just empty! And on the main forum page, the text is microscopic.

If i sign out i can see the boards perfectly again. It must be a problem with the boards, i've only just registered my account.

• Hi thanks for the reply. Because its ok for you doesn't mean my browser is playing up. I've done the obvious, cleared the cache, restarted the computer etc. Problems still there.

When i'm not signed in i can see posts fine. As soon as i sign in, i can't see any posts. Luckily this post is at the top of the forum, else i couldn't even have replied. I think its a problem with the settings on my account, as its fine when i'm not signed in. If someone from Access could just fix it please, that'd be great.

• Yep, definitely the site - i just logged in on my phone and have the same problem. Also currently running on internet explorer(no add ons), and i ususlly use firefox and have the same problem. So thats 2 different browsers on my pc, and one on my android phone that all have the same problem.

• All OK here too

Have you changed any of the forum display settings in your User Profile? That's about the only thing I can think of that would possibly change the display style when you log in.

• No, i've only recently registered and wasn't able to see any posts from the start. Since then i've been onto my account settings and changed the amount of posts i can see but it made no difference.

I'll see if i can find the display style and mess about with settings.

• Sorted, thanks for the advice. I changed the display settings on my profile to access 2009 and that fixed the text size.

I also disabled javascript on my browser, it was causing the posts to be hidden for some strange reason. Not ideal but at least its working.

• Does anyone from Access answer these sort of posts? Its proving to be a pain having to disable javascript just on this website. If i don't disable it, i don't see any posts. I'd appreciate it if someone from the forum admin could take a look at this?

• I've just had a look at my forum display settings, they are as follows:

Individual Style - Blank
    Content - both boxes ticked
    Lists - all set to default

If you change your settings so they are the same as mine are you still getting the problem?

The problem you are having is probably not the fault of the website software as others are able to view it OK, normally when I have log in issues with this site clearing my cache sorts it out but, I've never had the kind of display issues you're having.

I'm using Firefox 8.0.1

Access staff do use the forum but if you want a guaranteed response from Access you should contact them via support

• Right, i've updated firefox to the latest version(9.0.1). Display settings exactly as yours. Still getting the same problem. Fine when i'm logged out, comes back when i log in.

I'll contact support, at least i can post by disabling scripts for now. Real unusual problem this, i'm baffled.

• This probably isn't it, but do you have the threads collapsed? There is a - or + symbol next to Threads or Announcements & Important Threads, clicking that can hide threads.

• Glad I could help! I ran into that issue myself. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on; I'm pretty sure I didn't click the buttons to hide the threads in the first place...

• No me neither! I literally just registered, went to read the posts in the sound design forum, and was surprised to see there wasn't any. :huh:

Glad its working now, cheers.