USB3.0 and the TI

• Has anybody tried using a USB3.0 card at the PC and a USB3.0/2.0/1.0 hub sitting on that bus with the TI connected to one of the ports of the hub?

PC ======= USB3.0 ============ HUB >>>>>>>>>> TI (USB1.1)
    ................................................................ >>>>>>>>>>> Audio (USB 2.0)
    ................................................................ >>>>>>>>>>>Other devices (USB??)

The theory being that the USB3.0 controller should maintain a faster throughput to your PC if the USB3.0 is shared with other devices. eg. soundcard. This i hope will overcome USB overloading on the motherboard USB controllers in PCs particularly laptops. I see that alot and it results in crashes!

The hub would have to be port forward detection type that allows the full bandwidth to be realised through each USB connection. (as manufactured by Belkin)

Access..... any answer?

• I tried it. Sadly it did not work. What i did was to use the USB3.0 to other things (like dongle, disks, etc). Then I ONLY connected the Virus Snow to the hub which is the only thing connected to the USB 2.0 on the PC. Also the mouse and keyboard is connected to the hub. Have been running smoothly for 1 mounth now.

But this probably depends on which USB 3.0 card and driver you have, i just bought a "noname" card. Maybe you have more luck with another card.