Tired of having to restart computer to recognize Virus

• I have a 2010 imac i7 Snow Leopard 10.6.8 running latest version of Logic. It's getting extremely frustrating
    having to restart my computer every time the Virus TI isn't recognized (which is about 50% of the time!)
    It's plugged into the usb port closest to the edge of the imac. Also using an Apogee Duet 2 plugged into the
    third usb and another midi controller plugged into the 4th. What do I have to do?

• You are probably using a USB bus that shares bandwidth with other devices. Arranging the USB devices differently (in terms of which goes to which port) should solve the problem. Can you please list the current inventory from the USB section of the iMac's profiler? Including hub numbers and USB protocol numbers (meaning USB1.x / USB2 / USB3) would be very helpful.
    Maybe by that time you'll be able to find for yourself, a port where the Virus doesn't share the USB bus with other USB1.x or bus hogging devices, but if you don't, just post everything here and I will try to advise you, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

• Had a problem similar to this. Flabberbob has made a good point. One thing I done on my imac was to use the USB socket closest to the side of the imac (far right) and I purchased a Belkin USB 2.0 hub which I connected to the USB Socket on the far left, with all Other USB devices connected to that. It seems to have done the trick. It also sorted out problems with pops and clicks and USB bandwidth errors.

• How do I check the usb imac profiler? There are 4 usb ports on the Imac. Is it not known which
    ones share usb bandwidth? For what I paid for the synth I think Access should provide the solution
    whether it be a usb hub or other fix.

• One other annoying thing that happens is when I open a project that's saved using the TI plugin but I don't have my
    Virus powered on I have to restart the computer in order for the Virus to be recognized again. I don't understand why
    I can't just turn the Virus on and it be recognized. Why is a computer restart necessary?

• Seems to me total integration is only possible for some users. I have read numerous threads on this forum on problems with the Virus (USB issues, VC issues, pops/clicks) and have come to the conclusion that the corrent VC suite needs some work.