NAMM 2012 - What do you expect?

• The NAMM 2012 will open soon and as every year, Access brings its share of new.

So what do you expect from Access?

New OS (OS TI 5) with new features?
    New range of TI? (Virus TI 3)

Or a new model of virus ( as the TI Snow in 2008 )

;)

• The Access 'Total Disintegration' - this is expected to be a realistic looking but dummy synth shell - containing bits of old PCB, wiring, bum notes and garbage edited out of DAWs - and made of irregular-shaped pieces capable of reassembly*. For live use: you pop a few firecrackers inside, then after your encore you wreck the 'synth' in vintage old skool instrument-smashing style a la Pete Townshend. Nobody has the guts to wreck real instruments onstage any more but the Access TD could bring back those krazee days and breathe new life into live electronic music performances.

*After the gig you put it back together ready for its next 'wrecking'.

• So what do you expect from Access?
    New OS (OS TI 5) with new features?

haha.. not a chance!
    it's really hard to imagine any new products from them this time around. Getting the TiOS to its current state has been no small feat. Some still encounter issues but that will always be the case when it involves the many different computer builds and operating systems. Lion for instance has been causing issues for a lot of people well beyond the Virus community.

• Well, it doesn't look like there's been any Access news out of NAMM 2012 yet. However, on the news page of the main Access site it says there's a Virus users group meeting scheduled for 4pm NAMM local time today - I wonder if anything new will come out of that meeting :?:

• haha.. not a chance!
    it's really hard to imagine any new products from them this time around. Getting the TiOS to its current state has been no small feat.

As I predicted! No new products from Access this time around.

For now it's all about forgetting the chase for something new and making use of what's currently available to sit down and MAKE SOME MUSIC.

• As I predicted! No new products from Access this time around.

For now it's all about forgetting the chase for something new and making use of what's currently available to sit down and MAKE SOME MUSIC.

+100. VERY well said. I know I personally find it hard and am always chasing the next best thing instead of being content with what I have. I am sure many others are the same. It is good to bring this to perspective so we are all aware of our mental demons and how they can keep us back from being productive.

• Seriously, no OS update?! Access used to brighten up my NAMM with the OS updates every year since I bought the TI. :( What happened this year!?

lol.. how long has it been since the last update? Not long at all. You guys should forget about constantly needing something new and go make music. Are you consumers first or musicians?

• lol.. how long has it been since the last update? Not long at all. You guys should forget about constantly needing something new and go make music. Are you consumers first or musicians?

It has been ooooooooooonnnne whoooooole year!!! Oh, I'm a consumer first :D Ever since I jumped into the mixing/mastering profession, my Polar is just sitting by my side looking pretty. :love: But, that is no excuse for not having my FREE yearly update for FREE. X(

:thumbup:

• It has been ooooooooooonnnne whoooooole year!!! Oh, I'm a consumer first :D Ever since I jumped into the mixing/mastering profession, my Polar is just sitting by my side looking pretty. :love: But, that is no excuse for not having my FREE yearly update for FREE. X(

:thumbup:

Free updates are so 1990s. If Access wants to keep up they're going to have to start charging for all this DLC like the rest of the software industry.
    Then they can put out more updates with all the money they'll be getting, and we can buy more, in an infinite loop of profit and features! DLC Charlie, DLC! :rolleyes:

• The Access 'Total Disintegration' - this is expected to be a realistic looking but dummy synth shell - containing bits of old PCB, wiring, bum notes and garbage edited out of DAWs - and made of irregular-shaped pieces capable of reassembly*. For live use: you pop a few firecrackers inside, then after your encore you wreck the 'synth' in vintage old skool instrument-smashing style a la Pete Townshend. Nobody has the guts to wreck real instruments onstage any more but the Access TD could bring back those krazee days and breathe new life into live electronic music performances.

*After the gig you put it back together ready for its next 'wrecking'.

This is priceless Suzie...hahaa....oooooooooooowww...i could crush a grape.