Modulate Phaser frequency with Env Filter nothing happens!!

• Hello, i m new in this forum, I m French, i have my virus for a year and i m very happy with it. Before my english was very bad, and now it s a little better. hehehe. Now i can enter in this forum!! :D
    I have a question, because it s a thing i didn´t resolve. I m trying link the Phaser frequency with the attack of Env filter by the matrix, and the effect not result!! Nothing happens!! I think i m not doing anything wrong. You can view in the attached image. The source of sound is simply a noise, trying to modulate with the phaser frequency. Someone can help me please??

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=12011302345716858.jpg]

I re-edit my message because i m trying also to modulate the knob Depth of Chorus with Envelope filter too, and Nothing HAPPENS TOO!!! Why we can´t modulate somewhere parameters with Envelope Filter while been on the destination list??? ?(

Thanks

• Are you able to get the effect you're looking if you assign the Mod Wheel? Do you hear any difference if you turn those effects off?

• I m trying link the Phaser frequency with the attack of Env filter by the matrix, and the effect not result!
    i m trying also to modulate the knob Depth of Chorus with Envelope filter too, and Nothing HAPPENS TOO!

I can confirm what you are describing. I was able create an envelope for those modulation targets using an LFO in ENV mode as a source, but the filter envelope did not affect them when it was the source (while it was able to control cutoff frequency the usual way).

• Thank you for the advices.. I tried with the mod wheel and I could make it work the phaser frequency to the mod wheel. I already know that with the Env mode of LFO I can parameter the setting and make it work, then, so why it donsn t work with the Env of filter??? It should work as well, doesn't it? Do I need to contact with the support team??
    cheers guys!! :thumbup:

• Thank you for the advices.. I tried with the mod wheel and I could make it work the phaser frequency to the mod wheel. I already know that with the Env mode of LFO I can parameter the setting and make it work, then, so why it donsn t work with the Env of filter??? It should work as well, doesn't it? Do I need to contact with the support team??
    cheers guys!! :thumbup:

Hi there,

FX are per patch, IIRC envelopes are per voice so that makes using an envelope no good anytime you want to modulate FX parameters.

The obvious workaround is using an LFO or a midi controller to modulate the parameter.

HTH.

• IIRC envelopes are per voice

I have to disagree... envelopes are triggered for each note. The only exception is with some of the monophonic modes (meaning only one note plays at a time), where if there is no gap between notes, the envelope from the first note is continued into the second note, and not re-triggered. On the other hand, LFOs in mono mode (not the same as the monophonic mode I mentioned earlier), are the used for the whole part (or MIDI channel) without re-triggering.

• I have to disagree... envelopes are triggered for each note. The only exception is with some of the monophonic modes (meaning only one note plays at a time), where if there is no gap between notes, the envelope from the first note is continued into the second note, and not re-triggered. On the other hand, LFOs in mono mode (not the same as the monophonic mode I mentioned earlier), are the used for the whole part (or MIDI channel) without re-triggering.

Envelopes are triggered per voice, each time you play a note a voice is used.

You're arguing for me but in different words.

:D

• I don't understand this - i tried to modulate the frequency shifter with the filter envelope but it didn't work. But its there as a modulation source in the matrix, whats the point in it being there if it doesn't do anything?

Can anyone from Access explain how this works?

• It's not that it doesn't do anything, it's just that per-note modulation sources (e.g. Filter Envelope) cannot modulate per-voice (in other words, FX) parameters.

The modulation matrix lists all possible sources and destinations. Just be aware that some routings don't work.

• You're arguing for me but in different words.

:D

I can't believe after all these years I still get the terms wrong ?(
    Isn't an LFO in ENV mode, per-voice as well? and it works when routing.
    Anyway, here's an idea for Access: when routing a per-voice source to a per-part destination why not combine all the values? You can sum them up (with a saturation value), you can find the maximum of the current values and use it, or better yet, let the users select the combining calculation they prefer.

• Hi guys! Thank you very mutch for your advice. I see i m not the only one with the same problem. It looks like this fonction is useless. If anyone from Acess can read this article, could sort out this problem in the next updates!!!??? It will be great to manage properly the FX with the Env filter and Env Amp!! What do you think about it guys??? Thanks a lot :D