TI Virus Snow in FL Studio

• Hi,
    I have a very simple question but it's pretty important. I just got my TI Virus Snow recently and I've been messing around with the sounds. The only problem I've run into is actually recording multiple sounds on different patterns into FL Studio. I go to channel > TI Virus snow and it adds the snow vst that is talking to my controller. So far so good, I open up piano roll after messing around with some keys and plot everything out. I tweak it until it sounds good. Then, let's say that was a pad sound and I want to add a lead, I go to channel > virus ti snow and it says there's already one in use. Problem. Well, then I tried to just change the pattern from 1 to 2 and open up the vst that was already open, change the sound, and plot out the lead. That plays just fine but then the sound for pattern 1 is the same sound (different notes) as pattern 2.

I know this sounds rather convoluted and I'm sorry about that but what I'm trying to figure out is what is the best way to have multiple patterns of different virus sounds? Do I just record it as an audio clip using the record button? My problem with that is that I can't edit the notes once it is saved as a .wav and it also seems to cut off the first half second or so of the sound file when it records like that.

Thanks for the help,
    Rome.

• I'm still having trouble with this as the version of FL Studio I'm using is 9 and the tutorial is for 6. The tutorial says to change the port but that box isn't in the same area in the 9th edition. Same with the fruity wrapper drop down menu. So, how is this done with the newest version? Recording as a .wav and arranging multiple .wav files is the only way I've found so far and it's not quite ideal.

Thanks.

• I'm using windows 64-bit, quad core processor with FL Studio 9. I've also encountered problems with the latency when playing back using the ti and its patches.

Someone care to shed some light on what's up with it?