Virus TI Crashing When Acting as an Audio Interface

• Hey guys,

Firstly, I am running Win7x64 on a quadcore 16gb RAM platform. I originally could not get the Virus TI installed on my system, so in a manic fervor I bought a USB PCI card to install on my rig as a potential solution after reading about the necessity for a dedicated USB connection for the Virus.

This ended up not solving my issue, and still couldn't install the Virus TI. To my disbelief, simply using an old version of the OS Installer (3.3.502) worked, even when the Virus was connected to my stock USB ports. I obviously should have tried that first before buying unnecessary expansion cards.

So I have no idea why the old installer works on a brand new machine and the newest one doesn't, but thats another issue entirely.

After fiddling around with settings ad infinitum, I finally have what I consider to be the most stable set up. I am using the Virus TI as my soundcard out of necessity as I do not have an audio interface and the Virus is unusable using Realtek onboard sound.

The problem is that the Virus' audio output crashes both inside and outside my DAW. I'll be working away at a project and the sound will cut out entirely, freezing the graphic monitors and spectral analyzer that are on the top pane in FL Studio.

Furthermore, the same thing tends to happen when outside of my DAW, I will be watching a video or listening to a song, doesn't matter what format, and audio will cut out entirely.

I have to close the project or media, power off then on my Virus and reload it; obviously this isn't conducive to a good workflow.

I guess I'll note that the sample rate is set to 41,000 hz in FL Studio and in Windows sound.

If anyone knows any other settings I can manipulate let me know.