Virus TI Midi Editor based on Ctrlr

• Hi boreg.

There is a bug there, I'll fix it. And I think I will relocate the sync banks button as it's a bit confusing.

You don't have to click this button when you select a bank (this is explained in the download link I posted a few posts above). When you select a bank, the panel will request the whole bank. As this is very slow, the panel create a file with the patch's name for each bank, so the next time you select the same banks it will get the patch list from this files, avoiding the dump.

If later there are changes in some bank you have to update the patch list files, and this is when you have to click on "Sync Banks". With this button clicked, when you select a bank it will request a bank dump and will update this bank's file.

Zitat

Also, the editing seems uni-directional - changes made on the Virus are not reflected in the panel. Is this normal?

This is as well explained in the download link. Be sure MIDI Device ID is set to 1. (Config -> MIDI 1/3 -> MIDI Device ID: 1).
    I'll add an option to select the Device ID.

• Yes, I've read that description and assumed that for initial loading (no patch banks stored on the computer), the "sync banks" button should be on.
    Or more likely, the patch names will be downloaded regardless of the "sync banks" button state.

• I have the same bug, when this bug will be corrected?? To the author of the program respect!!

• hi global_l

it does not work for me.
    can you make a video tutorial.
    maybe I'm doing something wrong, but only the volume button works for me.
    the flters does not work the osc is not working.
    i've update the cntrl to the latest.
    maybe i need a little help.

thanks

• Hi Global_l

Thanks for making that video

:thumbup:

But now ik can see that i did it oke, and it still not work for me.

I use windows 7 x64 and virus ti2 desktop.

when i want to select the preset of the desktop then i always get the same preset EuoStngMS and not the preset that is on the virus display.

And only the volume button works, the rest is not working for me.

I see that you make it work with the snow, but the desktop is not working for me.

But still

I hope you manage to get this to work.

because the idea of you is good!!!

thanks!!

oww and now my virus must again initializing in ableton, ?(

• Are you using Ctrlr in stand alone mode or inside a DAW?

Inside the DAW you have to disable the Virus MIDI ports. The symptom you describe seems to be due to a lack of communication between the Virus and the panel.

• sorry I'm not clear,

but I was

try

out CTRLR standalone mode.

first watched that movie but I did not forget anything.
    again tried standalone mode.
    I only get the volume slider working.
    if I press "GET" the virus use a different preset than the virus displays.

I was thinking, I'll just start making music in ableton.
    when I just wanted to use the virus control plugin of access, it must first initialize the thing, for all presets To recognize.

I went back to CTRLR standalone mode.
    only the volume slider worked again.

went back to ableton.
    Access plugin opened, but nothing strange happened.
    then I just make music. I do not understand what is going wrong.

I can only make a little music, I can not make plugins.
    because I understand nothing of Programming.
    I hope I was a little clearer

8)

cheers

• Global_l...

i found my problem...i think...
    I use 2 usb soundcards with asio 4 all.
    this works fine in ableton live.
    i have more analog inputs then.
    .......but when i turn 1 soundcard off.....and then try CTRLR standalone without ableton it works fine!!!

Only now my midi controller causes an error when I want to select a different patch via midi controller.

cheers!!

• There could be issues if you have used the old panels and now the new one with the new skin.

Delete folder Ctrlr in C\Documents and Settings\Your profile\Application Data to ensure the old skin is gone.

• Superscale - I had same experience.
    I eventually found a version of Ctrlr that worked, but it was still not very reliable or intuitive to use.

When I get time, I think I'm going to write my own in Max… perhaps I can offer it for sale here… given the number of people crying out for a standalone editor :)