How to save your own patches in virus ti?

• Hi everybody,i hope this is the right place to ask this,im new to the TI,and i started to do my own sounds,and everytime i want to save it,it only gives me an option to overwrite it over an existing patch.
    is there any way i can save it to an empty patch section so that i won keep overwriting the existing files?
    Thanks in advance

• yeh but only if i overwrite an existing patch,and i tryied to find a ram that has empty slots but i didnt find.
    theres 4 rams to choose,A,B,C and D and all of them have the 128 patches full.

• Yes i know but you'l brobably find that most ram A,B,C n D is a duplicate of the ROM banks...

i know this sounds daft but some units are full like this and other r empty...did you get this unit of someone else or factory as you may even have a unit with extra good banks.....if so in this case i would definitely check before over writing!!

• i bought the ti from a shop,so im not sure about new banks...
    i got loads of roms,from A-Z and all are full with sounds,but i also have back up of them if im not mistaken.
    i already overwrite a few presets but thats ok,i dont think they were that great anyway from what i remember...
    plus u can do so many amazing sounds on the ti its insane hehe,and there are so many sounds for it out there from what i saw.

• is there any way i can save it to an empty patch section so that i won keep overwriting the existing files?

Are you using the Virus Control plugin inside your DAW?

If so, when you click save in the plugin window go to personal libraries & you should see an option to create empty library. Click that & name your new library whatever you want, you can create as many new blank libraries as you want this way.

• 1-Copy and rename one of your midi bank make them initial and then if your are in VC just drag your patch form your mixer part to your own bank.
    or
    2-if you want to have your patches(bank midi file) into your virus rom banks use Virus control center!!! is easiest way then run it and select your source bank file and destination bank then burn it.

• i just wanna make sure i understand,cos im very new to the TI
    virus control means the vst it self right?
    If so, when you click save in the plugin window go to personal libraries & you should see an option to create empty library. Click that & name your new library whatever you want, you can create as many new blank libraries as you want this way.
    that way seems to work pretty easy and smooth,and the presets i create stay that way,i tought you can only save via the virus it self in order to save a self made patch,didnt knew if ur using the vst you can save it just as easy and the patch stays.
    Thanks guys for your help,you help a lot :)
    Thank you

• You definitely can use this way to create your own libraries and not, it is not a necessity to save sounds into the TI hardware itself.
    That's why we implemented this "save" routine which lets you create your own libraries.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• You definitely can use this way to create your own libraries and not, it is not a necessity to save sounds into the TI hardware itself.
    That's why we implemented this "save" routine which lets you create your own libraries.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

hi there, sorry for resurrecting this post but.... I can't change/edit the patche's name in side the library I've created.

I have my library with the name I created but I don't know how to modify the default "- Init -" name in each one of the preset places (0 to 127).

I'm sure that must be stupid and easy... I can't find out.

I would appreciate help.

thanks!!

• In order to give a name to your patch - double click on the current patch name (in your case "- init -"), and it will turn into an edit-box. Type in your new name and press [Enter]. If your new name is shorter than 10 characters it will be padded by trailing spaces. If your new name is longer than 10 characters it will be truncated.
    In order to rename an existing patch, first load that patch, give it a new name as explained in the previous paragraph, and save it on top of the old copy of itself... You're right, there's no dedicated "rename" functionality, but then again, how often do you rename patches?
    Hope that helps.

• thanks, flabberbob.

my mistake was hitting double click in the preset box (0 - 127) instead of hitting in the part column (1-16)... bah. finally I understand that you must type the patche's name in the part's column, press SAVE, select location (library, etc) and you are done!

sometimes it is so obvious that you just don't see... :cursing:

many thanks!

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Hi there, is.

I think it's a good and brilliant way to edit and save the own sounds via an own libraries, but I wondered about this:
    if I really want to use "my edited " TI virus sounds outside for a gig without any laptop and without any virus control, for this I would do the following:

create and edit your new sounds within virus control --> save in on your laptop in your own library = easy + good solution, but if I want to use my virus ti snow without any laptop I need to store = overwrite some RAM sounds, do I?
    However, I could easily restore the "overwritten sound" from the ROM bank very quickly by virus control browser if ever I wish to.

Could you please comment on this, in other words there are no "empty" RAM banks, I need to overwrite some sound, do I?

Regards Christoph

• The last 4 ROM Banks of TI units are empty when we ship them. You could use the "Virus Control Center" application to "burn" sounds either from the RAM Banks or sound banks stored on your computer to these ROM Banks. This way the sounds are also present in the unit when switching it off and there's no need to overwrite RAM patches either.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• The last 4 ROM Banks of TI units are empty when we ship them. You could use the "Virus Control Center" application to "burn" sounds either from the RAM Banks or sound banks stored on your computer to these ROM Banks. This way the sounds are also present in the unit when switching it off and there's no need to overwrite RAM patches either.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

Great, thank you very much for your advice. :thumbup: