PT8 out of Sync with Virus TI

• Marc,

I sent in a support ticket on May 31 and haven't heard anything back regarding this. I did include a test session as you suggested.

hi donny,

i've taken a look at the session you've sent and, at least on a mac, everything seems to be in time when you take care of the following things:

- as mentioned in the tutorial and setup guides, a preroll helps a lot to ensure an arp being in time right from the start. this seems to be especially true with protools (non HD). i get problem with the arp here, if i start the arrangement right from where the first midi not triggers. if i setup a preroll (for instance 0 1 000 or anything else you feel comfortable with) the arp is anways in time.
    - the time adjuster plug-in you've put on the drum track had the wrong value for my system. it might be right for yours, i just bring that up because it was nearly 500 samples off. you need to re-measure the announced delay of the virus ti when you switch buffer sizes.

i'm running the song in cycle since about 1 hr and for now, i haven't heart anything out of time. and it starts getting on my nerves, next time i want more chords ;)

best, marc

• At least on my PC, the arps do not play in sync AT ALL under any circumstances with all 4 of my host processors enabled. Changing it to 1 processor in the Playback Engine is the ONLY way I can get the arps to play perfectly.

I'll see what happens when I add pre-roll. Thanks for the tip, I'll report my results in the next few days.

I thought I had Time Adjuster set correctly, but regardless, this is a moot point as I only added it so that the drums and Virus would play together in time.

• At least on my PC, the arps do not play in sync AT ALL under any circumstances with all 4 of my host processors enabled. Changing it to 1 processor in the Playback Engine is the ONLY way I can get the arps to play perfectly.

Please use the latest version 4.0.5.01. There are multiple changes that address the issues with PT and multicore systems.

-timo

• I've been using 4.0.5.01 since the day it was released. I was hoping that since it was originally listed as being fixed in 4.0.2, that they refixed it, but that was not the case. Below is a link to a video I just made showing the problem happening.

http://www.zumodrive.com/share/5UJVYmY0Ym

Marc, enabling pre-roll did not change anything. The playback issue still occurs with pre-roll and with all host processors enabled. Playback only works properly with 1 host processor enabled. Sorry for not adding any chords in the video. :thumbup:

• VC worked fine since I use PT|HD, and replied last time in this thread.
    But the update 4.0.2.01 is workds not 100% when I set 2 or more cores for RTAS processing.
    Please fix this bug, this is not confident of what Pro Tools stands for.

Note: I will update to 4.05.01 and post the results in the few next days.

• Is there or going to be a fix for this ?
    Regards
    Franny

i hope there will be a fix in the next release. at this point in time we're still uncertain what it is. it seems to work in HD, it seems to work in LE but only for a while. what we need to know is that makes it happen. so here's the deal, can you please open another thread and explain exactly what you're doing to make it happen.
    thanks, marc

UPDATE: it appears that what i've said above is misleading. "it seems to work in HD, it seems to work in LE but only for a while" is an attempt to recap what has been said by protools users over the last time. it is not what we found here and i does not acknowledge the issue to be a generic one. we are hoping for a fix in the next release because it is important. at the same time, we were not able so far to establish that it is not working in LE. there were issues with multicore support in protools and those have been addressed some time ago. @franny: i've requested more information from you above. please point me to where you've posted additional info. as i said: we cannot help you without you helping us to replicate the problem. thanks!

• This issue is easily resolvable, the problem is actually with USB 2 which does not have enough bandwidth to both sync midi, run automation, update VST Virus Display, and stream audio to and from the Ti. Simply use the analogue outputs on your virus and patch it into your DAW sound interface. The when you launch the VST interface be sure to configure all patches to go out audio ports of the Ti and shut off the surround outputs. With the Ti set up to only have midi over USB Arp lines are very stable and don't loose timing. You may also need to adjust your daw ASIO delay compensation and Midi Note Cache.

• This issue is easily resolvable, the problem is actually with USB 2 which does not have enough bandwidth to both sync midi, run automation, update VST Virus Display, and stream audio to and from the Ti. Simply use the analogue outputs on your virus and patch it into your DAW sound interface. The when you launch the VST interface be sure to configure all patches to go out audio ports of the Ti and shut off the surround outputs. With the Ti set up to only have midi over USB Arp lines are very stable and don't loose timing. You may also need to adjust your daw ASIO delay compensation and Midi Note Cache.

i only can advise other to take this post with a pinch of salt.

but thanks for adding another rumor: the display update :) - i find this one fairly amusing, are you just making things up or where does this info come from?
    best, marc

ps the last post in this thread was 30 month ago ... i guess the OPs has solved their issues by now.