Need help with a second hand TI, customer support stopped responding to my emails.

• Anyone have any idea what I should do here? Access customer service stopped responding to me.

My first email.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Horray! Problem solved! (Or so I thought.)

quote:

I never heard back from them after this, and that last email was sent Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM. I periodically email them asking if any progress has been made, and never get a reply.

• Yes. It's been years now. I send them an email every few months and get nothing in reply.

I'll call them on Monday. Their customer support line isn't serviced on weekends.

• Yes. It's been years now. I send them an email every few months and get nothing in reply.

That sounds a bit odd, you probably are but I've got to ask - when you send an email are you making sure you use your original ticket number?

I'll call them on Monday. Their customer support line isn't serviced on weekends.

Yes, the telephone support is only available between 2pm & 5pm on weekdays only.

Good luck with it, I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

• Yes, I do.

Thanks for your "good luck". All I want is for someone from Access to take five minutes to help me. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

• I can send you any of the Virus OS.Lemme know whats your email and what version you would like.

Be careful with that, I'd check with Access if you are allowed to distribute the software to other people first.

I'm not a lawyer but I think that this part of the license you have already agreed to means you aren't allowed to

Zitat

3. Restrictions. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. In order to protect this, and except as permitted by applicable legislation, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human perceivable form. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. You may not electronically transmit the Software from one computer to another in a network.

As nice as it is to help people out I'm sure you wouldn't want to shoot yourself in the foot by getting in trouble with Access.

• Anyone want to give me some tips on how to reach the help hotline? I tried calling during the proper hours, but I kept getting a "could not be completed" message. I tried just inputting the number into my phone, and also with a "1" before it to indicate I was calling outside my area. I never make international calls. Is there another number I need to add to indicate I'm calling outside the country?

This would be so much easier with email. : (

• Are you calling from the UK? If you are the number you would dial is 004970022237784

This would be so much easier with email. : (

I hear you, but for whatever reason that's not solved your problem.

Obviously, I have no idea what's actually happened as I don't work for them but I'm starting to think that the guys from Access might be under the impression that they have already sent the Mac application mentioned in the emails you had earlier & closed the ticket. Again, I have no idea how their system works but if that's the case then it's possible that when you are replying with your original ticket no. this has been getting routed straight to a dead letterbox.

I'm only thinking something like this because allowing a problem like you have to go on for such a long time unresolved doesn't sound like the kind of thing they would normally do & if they thought that your machine was stolen or belonged to someone else then seeing as you have already sent them your address you would think the police would have visited you by now.

EDIT: Oh yea, don't forget the times the phone support is available is in German local time so you will have to make any adjustments for where you are calling from.

• I'm calling from the United States. I tried to call during the proper time. I checked all my emails and there was no mac application ever sent. If the machine is stolen, I'd like to know. I'd want to get to back to its rightful owner immediately. I make a decent living, and being a good person is more important to me than the monetary value of a machine. I could go out and buy a brand new Virus right now, and it wouldn't hurt my bank account. I have a Buchla, for crying out loud. It really upsets me when people assume the worst of me without even knowing me, and I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt. Maintaining positive karma is a big deal to me. Reading over the emails again, it seems like they were primarily interested in getting my home address. (Stickers as bait? :huh: I really don't care about stickers. I was just following their instructions, demonstrating compliance and goodwill.)

Does anyone that actually works at Access read these forums? Anyone?

• I'm happy to report that Access customer service got back in touch with me, and helped me wort out the problem.

It took a little bit, but in the end Access delivered.

Big thank you to everyone in the thread that helped me, and to Access customer service!