does virus need to be registered to use VST function?

• hi, i have just bought a second hand virus ti. it is still in transit, and will be here end of next week.

i have asked the owner whether he can deregister his account, but i get no answer fro him. he had said he was going on holidays.{i guess with the money i paid him for the TI!}

so now i am getting nervous.

i want to know what the deal is with registration.

do i need to register the unit before it will function as a vst?

or is it just that i will not get the latest OS, and any free sounds, and the support of the company.?

the reason i bought it, apart from the sound, is the TI. but, can i still use the virus via midi cable, without regiastration, without the TI function, like any old synth.

if i provide access proof of purchase, ID, address etc.. can they still register the virus in my name?

hopefully there i sno problems, i just am getting nervous and need to ask...

• thankyou marc for such a quick reply..

i am hoping i will have no issues when my virus arrives end of next week.

he may have allready de-registered, and everything is ok.

i have left an email with him, so i guessi just wait and find out..

reading one or two other stories of 2nd hand registration problems has just made me a little nervous, and i want t o know everything before it arrives..
    i didnt even think to ask any of this before purchase, and just joined here today, because i am excited to join the TI club!!

when it arrives, can i add the serial number to this account i have made today,making it an owners account, or, shall i just open a new account?

thanx again.

• reading one or two other stories of 2nd hand registration problems has just made me a little nervous, and i want t o know everything before it arrives..
    i didnt even think to ask any of this before purchase, and just joined here today, because i am excited to join the TI club!!

when it arrives, can i add the serial number to this account i have made today,making it an owners account, or, shall i just open a new account?

the reason why some people have problems re-registering a second hand virus is easy: before we delete a registration we want to make sure that the previous owner is okay with that. just imagine your virus would be stolen...
    in any case please just work with support, we have done this many times, it is not a big issue at all. we need to add the serial number manually, there is no automated way to do this.
    best, marc

• Hi Marc,

I sold the Virus TI to 'mobiustrip'.

I've emailed your help desk, and have the case number: '4420ca41'.

Unfortunately I haven't got the serial number recorded anywhere, but it should be currently tied to this access music account.

I suppose I will wait for the support team to get in touch and let me know it's been unregistered.

Many Thanks

Tom

• just for anyone reading this in future... the previous owner de-registered the account on my request. in fact it was de-registered the night before my unit arrived to me.

i emailed support to check it had been done, and they replied promptly, and told me the serial number was no longer registered.

from there it was a simple process to register. i just went to support page > and hit the product registration box. simple

and then the fun begins.

make sure you have the correct usb port, a solo port, not composite.
    mine is a usb 3 port, and it works perfect.

when installing drivers be patient. and if you have problems, uninstall and reinstall using a new port.

it took a few frustrating hours to figure that out!

so read the installation guide carefully, follow instructions and be calm and patient.

and to answer the original question...no, the TI function will not work without registration.

to access's credit, they are very prompt with all queries to them, and very helpful.