arps + filter envelope

• Hi all,

I have a question about the arp/filterenv interaction
    It seems that every note the arp plays retriggers the env internally, is there a possibility to change this behaviour so that the filterenv is triggered by the incoming midi note instead of the arp?
    I started wondering because i was making this "bubbly" arp sweeping in from low to high into reverb, using the filterenv for the sweeping action but i had to revert to sending an actual arp from the daw to the TI because of said behaviour.
    Not a big deal, i know, but there are some cool arp patterns in the ti and its a bummer i cannot use them for this.

Cheerz,

J

ps: i am on os 4.5.3

Breaxity - bringing breakbeats and basslines for over 5 years on urgent.fm - tune in - rinse out!

• If your sweep is intended to sync with the tempo anyhow, you might want to stop using the filter envelope, and instead, use a tempo sync'ed LFO in mono mode and sawtooth shape, to control the cutoff point. One of the LFO-s has a prewired routing for this, so no need for the matrix.

Another option is to record the arp you want, playing anything (could be even pure white noise), loop it, and send it back to the Virus' audio input to be used for gating by means of the envelope follower effect.

• Thanks for the feedback.
    I did try the lfo route but the overall curve of the sweep needs to be controlled by the envelope for it to sound to my taste - i'm kinda picky on details.
    Gonna try the envelope follower route next time - good thinking ;)

edit*

@ BC - will test out the mono modes, note length is pretty short though

Breaxity - bringing breakbeats and basslines for over 5 years on urgent.fm - tune in - rinse out!