Improved CoreMIDI drivers?

• Something to possibly roll into the next OS update? Not high priority of course, but would be useful.

As it stands right now, it seems to me the driver for the TI series non-Snow devices don't know the precise model of Virus that's plugged in. Have a look at this picture:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.suges.com/virus/VirusConfusion.jpg]

One of these is a TI2 Keyboard, the other is a DarkStar. I don't know which is which (without basically unplugging one of them to see which one gets greyed-out). And as you can see, it's important because I have other keyboards plugged into them.

Also you can see it always just loads up a default picture of a TI1 Desktop I think it is? Would be nice if it loaded up the right picture too.

(This doesn't happen with a Snow. I plugged one of those in and got the right picture etc. Must be a different driver for technical reasons.)

Thanks for considering.

• It's even worse. Every time I replace the image with a custom made one, it reverts to the fugly and incorrect default one.

Can you also enable us to NOT install any Virus Snow crap THAT I DON"T EVER NEED for my TI-2 Polar (and vice versa) the next update? Thanks.

˙ɯǝɥʇ ǝsooɥɔ ǝɯ ʇǝl ʇ,uoʍ ɯnɹoɟ pıdnʇs sıɥʇ ʇnq 'ɹǝɔuǝnbǝs puɐ SO ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ǝsn I

• One of these is a TI2 Keyboard, the other is a DarkStar. I don't know which is which (without basically unplugging one of them to see which one gets greyed-out). And as you can see, it's important because I have other keyboards plugged into them.

i can see your problem. but i'm not sure if we can solve this one easily. we'll put it on the list but nevertheless.
    marc

• i can see your problem. but i'm not sure if we can solve this one easily. we'll put it on the list but nevertheless.
    marc

I appreciate you looking into it Marc, thanks brother.