Midi Driver Failure During Rendering (Offline and Online Bounce)

• Hello!

I am using Windows 7 x64 and Reaper x64 as the DAW host.

The Virus Ti Snow is connected to a PCIe USB 3.0 card (Buffalo Technologies - http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ…ef=oh_o00_s00_i00_details)

There are no other devices sharing the USB Root Hub. The snow is the only connected device.

Operation seems to be normal inside a project minus some beat sync issues I've had with the LFOs (Live button has no effect).

When I render the project, I get an error stating that the midi driver failed and even a reboot will not refresh the Snow. I have to reboot and then plug it into the other port on the PCIe USB card to get windows to "re-acquire" the device.

Previously I had a USB 2.0 PCI card that was running the Virus, but Windows 7 was flaky with that card and detection of the card was intermittent. So I replaced it with this card and I now have consistent operation of the Snow except for this rendering problem.

I tried testing it with "Fullspeed Offline" as I understand the Virus is disabled during mixdown, and I receive the "Midi Driver Failed" error.

I tried a real-time "Online" mixdown and received the same error again.

Are there any known issues with using a USB 3.0 port?

Thanks for any help! Please let me know if there is more information I should supply.

Much appreciated!

• I'll give those another look, but currently I have all of those set to "safe" settings. I don't see anything immediate that would be applying to the snow during mixdown.

It's interesting to me that the only variable that changed in my system was the interface card. With the same settings (and drivers), I was always able to bounce without problems when the Snow was connected to the USB 2.0 PCI card.

But it's possible that changing that just highlighted a different problem I suppose.