Anyone use the analog outs and just Ti over the USB link?

• Taking it slowly:

• Use the MixControl utility to route the S/PDIF input(s) into Core Audio channel(s) your DAW can recognize.
    • Load your DAW and VC, in 3 out mode, make sure all 3 aux outs of the virus are presents and visible.
    • Create track(s) (stripes) feeding the Core Audio channel(s) carrying S/PDIF audio you created earlier. You will need to arm and enable monitoring for them in order to hear them.
    • Load 6 random sounds into 6 VC parts. Under the common tab set each one to a different output: USB1/2/3, out1/2/3.
    • Create 6 MIDI tracks that send to the VC plugin each on a different channel, same channels as the parts you loaded the sound into.
    • Arm and play each MIDI track separately, and watch the level meters on the audio tracks to see where the sound comes from.

Hope this helps.

• Taking it slowly:

• Use the MixControl utility to route the S/PDIF input(s) into Core Audio channel(s) your DAW can recognize.
    • Load your DAW and VC, in 3 out mode, make sure all 3 aux outs of the virus are presents and visible.
    • Create track(s) (stripes) feeding the Core Audio channel(s) carrying S/PDIF audio you created earlier. You will need to arm and enable monitoring for them in order to hear them.
    • Load 6 random sounds into 6 VC parts. Under the common tab set each one to a different output: USB1/2/3, out1/2/3.
    • Create 6 MIDI tracks that send to the VC plugin each on a different channel, same channels as the parts you loaded the sound into.
    • Arm and play each MIDI track separately, and watch the level meters on the audio tracks to see where the sound comes from.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Bob,

Worked like a treat. Ended up it was Out 1/2 that was carrying my SPDIF audio.
    1 question though, I have VC set to 3 Ins and 1 out. is this correct or should I have it set to 3 outs 0 In?

Chris

• I use 2 out / 0 in, for building my MIDI arrangement and bouncing separate MIDI tracks. I move to 3 out / 1 in temporarily for what you may call side chaining (vocoder, using effects from the Virus on audio tracks, etc.). It's the most stable that way. I certainly would not recommend using lots of parts, in sequencer mode, in a live situation. That's not what the Virus does best. For performances I would recommend using multi mode, using some layers and keyboard splitting, and feeding it from the multi's global channel. For more sounds in a live situation I'd say get another Virus. In short: 4xSnow is more stable than 1xTI, in a live situation.