Can you use VC and analog outs?

• Can I use Virus Control to tweak patches, set up a MIDI out in my DAW and send the audio through the 1/4" L/R outputs on the Snow and into my interface?

So the Snow would be connected via USB, MIDI IN and 2x 1/4" Outs.

My latency is actually quite good (6ms), except when I pencil in notes and actually playback the track, there is plug-in delay over USB. Seems like this idea of a setup could eliminate that delay without resorting to PDC.

• Yeah, you absolutely can! I do it pretty often myself (usually for processing guitar, for which any latency drives me nuts). In the VC software there's a section for outputs, so you can set the output of each part individually.

• I wonder what DAW you are using, that doesn't compensate for processing delay when playing penciled notes. Another thing you should note, is that when USB is connected, all the physical ports change functionality, as part of the total integration with your computer, namely, the physical MIDI in becomes MIDI in for your computer, since the Virus becomes just another soundcard. So you should either disconnect the USB; use the "Virus TI synth" MIDI port when the USB is connected; or use the VC but set the patches to output to the Analog out.
    Here's another discussion regarding this matter, but it takes delay compensation into consideration, so it might not be relevant to you.

• Would you need an Audio Track to audition the sound then??? if you switch the patch to Analog Out... is that Located at COMMON>MAIN OUTS ??? when u say "analog out"

• "so you should either disconnect the USB;.........."

Im trying for my life to understand what you said about disconnecting the midi