What would you prefer - new features or a standalone VC editor?

• It's cool that Access continues to add new features to the Virus TI - and at no cost to customers. But I have to think that if users had the choice, most of them would prefer having a standalone MIDI (including MIDI over USB) version of Virus Control rather than a couple of extra envelopes and a few new filter effects.

It seems like a no brainer - a version of Virus Control that actually works vs. more features on an already feature-rich instrument.

Access could eliminate probably 80% of their support issues with this one simple step. And I say simple because it just involves sending sys-ex data (and/or NRPM's) between the Virus and the editor. This isn't rocket science. The hard parts - designing the GUI and implementing OS file handling - are already done.

The significantly lower support costs would almost certainly more than pay for the small investment in the standalone editor. It's a win for everyone. The only thing holding this back is Access' apparent arrogant intransigence and unwillingness to admit that they can't get the current plug-in version of Virus Control to work (for most users) after 5 years of trying.

Thoughts?

Synths: D-550, EX-8000, Matrix-1000, Microwave, Microwave XT, MKS-50, MKS-80, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pro One, Prophet '08 Rack, Pulse, Pulse 2, Shruthi, TX7, Virus kb, XV-5080, Maschine
    Computer: Core i7-970 3.20 GHz Hexacore, ASUS P6X58-E PRO, ATI FirePro 2460 quad head, RME RayDAT w/4x Alesis AI3, 2x MOTU MIDI Express 128, Cubase 7.5

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MusicMaven ()