Random, unwanted Buck Rogers zap gun noises being triggered, sometimes on release sometimes totally random

• I'm having intermittent problems with random notes being triggered. Usually what it sounds like is as if I had portamento and mono on and hit a note several octaves below the note I'm playing. This happens at random, and yes, I've tried re-setting the keyboard, unplugging, holding down Arp Edit while plugging in, etc. It will go for a while without the problem - sometimes for days - then suddenly start making Buck Rogers zap gun noises again. Could this be dirty contacts? Anyone else seen similar issues?

• OK, now I'm on to something (or on something ;) ). After that last amendment to the post (Live), I decided to try the keyboard outside of the sequencer, and I'm not having any problems at all. Note that I have the problems whether or not I'm recording, as long as Live is running with an instance of the Virus VST. I have the plugin set to Output 1 L+R on the Common tab. I'm also getting white noise that isn't in the patch (ROM-L 81 Orion PX <- actually 3 spaces in the name, but don't know if this forum will munge &nbsp;) and random oscillator drift. I'm going to hunt around in Live to see if I can find where it's making the keyboard borked, but in the meantime, if anyone knows of a solution, I'd be most grateful. This is driving me NUTS!!!

• I should have said "almost" no problems at all. It depends on the patch. For example, with DigmahalPX (I've got it in ROM-L 35) there are clicks that obviously shouldn't be in there. They sound like loose wire clicks, not envelope clicks. Using the plugin, I can go for long periods without any weirdness, then all of a sudden it just goes nuts. Oscillator drift, re-triggered notes, the aforementioned zap noises. I noticed that the previous owner had to replace some components, but the part that says what was replaced has a security grid overlay that makes that part unreadable. I'm also noticing a significant response and tone difference with and without the VC plugin. I'm really beginning to wish I'd gone with plug-ins and a MIDI controller.
    wtf?