Finally have a setup in which the Virus TI Snow is usable!

• I've spent the last 3 months since I got the Virus TI Snow, on and off, trying to set the Virus up in my DAW and after at first not even being able to install the latest OS, I believe I now have close to the most stable result possible in my DAW. I'll post my setup in case anyone wants to recreate it. It isn't perfect. I'm still trying to get my Native Instruments Maschine to work alongside the Virus (so far opening an instance of both Maschine and Virus Control causes the Virus USB audio to crackle and pop).

Computer:

Win7x64
    Asus P8Z68V-LE
    16GB Ram
    2600k i7
    AMD HD 5xxx

Audio Interface:

RME HDSPe AIO

DAW:

FL Studio 10.0

Now, audio from the Virus still isn't perfect. I get very minor white noise, and it is pretty faint, but I'm convinced it is still due to the USB environment. I have the Virus connected to a USB 2.0 port on the MOBO and every other device connected to two PCI USB expansion cards.

If I can't find a way to connect the Maschine, and perhaps even if I do, I will add optional analog inputs to my RME HDSPe AIO; the product is RME AI4S-192. Then I can bypass/silence/mute the USB audio while still keeping VC for patch tweaking and it should sound amazing 8)

• Update:

I now have the Virus connected to the recommended powered 7 port belkin hub, which is in turn connected to a FW/USB expansion card.

All other USB devices are plugged directly into the MOBO USB ports.

Somehow, this is the most stable setup..