TI2 Polar and Sonar X1 "starting up" and nothing else...

• I just bought a Access Virus TI2 polar. I followed the installation instructions for the software and updated the polar to the latest version. Anyway, correct me if I am wrong, the access software that alters the patch parameters runs within a host only correct? My host is Sonar X1. When I load the Access software within Sonar I get a window that says something like "Virus is starting up" or similar. Anyway, it just sits there and does nothing else. I notice on the physical display on the virus that it appears an icon indicates data is being transfered. In addition, the virus keyboard will not trigger notes during this time.

Can anyone help me? I really don't see myself using this software to do much other than edit patches, save patches etc. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

THanks for your time.

Joe

• I think you must wait some time just for the first time you plug the Virus TI. This is in order to take an initial sync... After that, the next time you plug the Virus, you'll be ready to work much faster.

• Let me update this a bit....

I re-installed the virus software "installed v45115_x64." Now when I load a soft synth I no longer get the "starting" window but now I am getting a window stating "a version mismtach has been detected" I follow the instructions with no resolution.

I am getting a bit frustrated with this. It really should not be this difficult.

Oddly, when I insert a softsynth my only options are "Virus TI (32 bit) and Virus TI Snow (32 bit). My system is a 64 bit system. The file I loaded above is clearly a 64 bit installation file.

I am running Win 7 - 64 bit with Sonar X1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe

• MarPabl,
    Thanks for your response... however, I let it sit for 30 minutes and it did nothing so I figured it wasnt going to do anything....
    Obviously now I am dealing with a different problem...
    Joe

• I re-installed the virus software "installed v45115_x64." Now when I load a soft synth I no longer get the "starting" window but now I am getting a window stating "a version mismtach has been detected" I follow the instructions with no resolution.

you need to make sure that all components (virus control, drivers, virus TI operating system) have the same version. the version mismatch warning you get indicates that this is not the case. normally, when you install the software package, the installer takes care of all versions being the same. you could de-install all software and install again to get everything updated. in any case, please contact access support by email, they'll help you out.
    cheers, marc

• Marc,

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping you were going to chime in. This is my second virus, I also have a B and love them both.

Also, I am running SOnar X1D so I am running the latest updates.

Today I will uninstall the drivers and reinstall everything.

Lets hope this works.

Joe

• update....

I uninstalled the virus software and then reinstalled it. I no longer am getting the version mismatch error. However, I am back to where I started, as I am just getting the "starting up" window.

I emailed technical support this morning and I will await their reply.

Also, can anyone tell me why within Sonar my softsynth options are Virus TI 32bit and Virus TI snow 32bit when I clearly ran the 64 bit verison virus installer and am running Win7 64 and SOnar 64 bit?

Thanks

Joe