More USB Outs!

• i use the usb outs a lot, so 2 or 3 more outputs would be great if the virus can handle it

a virus ti2, which got extra dsp power?

• No! i have a Virus TI Polar and i want to have that option as well.If the T2 can handle it the first one can handle it. DSP power has little to do with outputs in my opinion.

from 2 to 3 usb outs was great but keep in mind that all the sounds have to go through that usb output. I don't know how much more the usb can handle. I would be glad if it could handle 5 or 6 outs because it will make mixxing a lot beter.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I think its not possible add more USB outs, because Virus TI /TI2 uses USB 1.1 limited to theoretical 12 Mbit/s. The only way is to use a compression algorithm in real time with the loss on quality sound and extra power cpu .

• You sure? I think it uses USB2.0 if they used 1 it could put those sounds through.

• Yes, virus usb is 12Mb/s - which is like usb1, it is just usb2 compatible (just markating?). When you scan usb with some usb tool when virus is connected you will clearly see that. I always wondered how the hell access managed to push that much through its usb, but obviously this is the reason why it sometimes seems unstable or causes some problems on some systems especially laptops, which I think have just a single usb root hub (mostly?)

• Sadly impossible to do as others stated.
    Maybe they will make VirusTI3 with usb2.0... then it will be possible.
    Anyway, if you have a soundcard with enough inputs, you can use also the analog outs for 3 extra stereo channels.

• well ok usb 1 is limited, but i gues its also a matter of how you programm vc

so if you can select for example 4 to 6 USB Outs probably some limiitations would accure, but i think lots of people could live with some limits

the question is what would be limited

• already was a big step from 2 to 3 outs... (remember that, in fact, was from 4 mono to 6 mono streams!)
    There was already some talks on inkected.org about this and USB1 is clearly at the limit here. Please remember that there are also 2 input streams, midi signals and system signals going trough that USB cable!

The only solution for more outs would be lowering the samplerate/bitrate... (actually i think is 44khz/16bit when used via USB) but dunno if you really would like that!

• for drums mono is enough

but the point is that to have this Option to change to more outs (and live with the limits)

• i guess you mean usb left+right selection with mono?

but in the sequencer you still have only 3 usb outs that appear

or is there any way to set to 3 usb outs + mono output?

• no there isn't there are 3 usb outs if you put a mono or stereo through it is your own choice, that he said is just not true.

• no there isn't there are 3 usb outs if you put a mono or stereo through it is your own choice, that he said is just not true.

totally wrong, in Reaper i clearly have selection of each L/R channel for each USBout and i can route easily the VirusControl to:
    1) output to 3 stereo tracks (default)
    2) output to 6 mono tracks
    3) a mixup of them (2 stereo and 2 mono, for example)

The setup is pretty easy, if you need a video i can even show it up.
    If you do all mono signals you can get up to an amazing 12 channels from the VirusTI (6 mono usb and 6 mono analog)

My example would be clearly about Reaper (my main host) but you can make it with other hosts aswell...

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

uploaded right now, give youtube the time to compute it.

In this video is showed how to:
    a) have indipendent usb mono outs
    b) use analog outs together with usb outs
    c) use the analog outs as mono outs

The setup allows up to 12 indipendent outs from the virusTI: 6 mono usb and 6 mono analogs.
    In the video i stop at 2 stereo usb, 2 mono usb, 1 stereo analog and 2 mono analog (all of them at the same time).

NOTE: the tool i use for the video is a crap freeware program and i dont have any time to sync audio/video so get it as it is. Add to this that i made the video on the fly.
    HAPPY LEARNING!

• alright Drake, i am just a n00b that can use presets from the Virus and that's about it. :) In fact i understand little about the more technical parts being discussed on the forums. I am here to learn more about it.

Thought i was right about the usb though but clearly i have not the knowledge. haha!

• I hope you realize that if you use USB outs and Analog outs at the same time that the analog outs will out of sync compared to the USB outs unless you put a track delay on those tracks. The analog outs are supposed to be used when you trigger the TI with a normal midi cable and don't use the USB at the same time. That's one of the issues I am having with the TI. I wish you could use USB and Analog outputs at the same time without having to use a track delay on the tracks that are using the analog outs. Try it, create 2 MIDI parts using 1/8th notes, one triggering a USB output, the other the Analog output. They will not play back in sync with each other! Now switch the analog out part to a second USB output and both parts will play back completely in sync.

Ken

• You'd still have to compensate for delay if you were using the analog outs with a regular midi cable it just wouldn't be as much of a delay.

In all honesty though, it's really not that hard to set the delay compensation on a couple tracks, hell, just set it up in your default project or something. It's definitely worth the effort for the 3 extra stereo channels :P