Filter split mode oscillator routing?

• Hi! Bear in mind that I just recently got a Virus so I'm still not 100% familiar with the parameters.

The manual states that the "Split" mode will route Osc 1 and the sub through Filter 1 and Osc2+Noise through Filter 2. However, when using two hypersaw oscillators and split mode, I seem to be able to hear the Sub through both Filter 1 and Filter 2. The sub isn't coming from just one speaker, and also, it's audible even when the filter balance slider is at the extreme right (which should only allow me to hear Filter 2, ie. just Osc 2 and the noise generator).

This is a good thing I suppose. If the sub was only sounding from one speaker it would throw the balance off.. but I would still like to know what's going on.

• Hadn't noticed that it became enabled since I assumed it only related to Unison mode.

Still not working as I expect, though:

With both oscillators set to "Classic", and the Sub slider turned up, the sub-oscillator is only heard through the left speaker, as expected. Also, the sub disappears completely if I set the Filter Balance slider fully right, again as expected.

However, as soon as I switch Oscillator 2 to Hypersaw (with Density at 1 and Detune at 0) I suddenly get a Sub coming from my right speaker as well. Now Osc 1 and Osc 2 sound essentially identical, with a single saw and a square wave an octave lower.

So, it would appear that each Hypersaw oscillator has a built-in sub, where as the Classic oscillators share a single sub-oscillator. This kind of makes sense when you think about it, since the Hypersaw sub follows the density and detune parameters of the master oscillator, which can be different for Osc 1 and Osc 2. However, the manual makes no mention of this. Even the diagram in the Virus Control GUI itself makes it appear as though there's only a single Sub, linked to Oscillator 1 in Split mode. Too bad there isn't a way to mix the oscillator-to-filter routing freely like on the Q. Also, two four-pole filters in parallell would have been cool, instead of being limited to 2-poles. Also, being able to control the stereo spread of each Hypersaw oscillator before the filter stage a la Sylenth1 would have been neat. But I guess each synth has its strengths and weaknesses ;)

• I think it's meant to be that way - It states in another part of the manual that:
    "About HyperSaw and SubOscillators : Similarly, HyperSaw oscillators also have their own integrated sub
    oscillators - up to 9 square waves tuned an octave below the main oscillator, one for each saw wave.. To differentiate
    these from the Classic sub oscillator, they are called HyperSub."

It's just that neither the part in the manual about filter routing, nor the GUI in the plugin makes this very clear.