Can no longer use Virus as a Midi Keyboard/controller in Live

• Hi Guys - I haven't used my Virus in the last couple of weeks as I've been mainly working with samples however when I came to use it today for some reason that I can't figure out Live isn't even registering a Midi input when I go to use the keyboard to input some notes - There is no indication of a signal in the top right of Live either - I plugged in my little portable midi controller and that was being received fine.

I have updated Live in the last week and was wandering whether or not that may have anything to do with it ?!?!

Can any body out there provide any answers to this riddle because its really annoying me lol

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Thelillyman

• Do you use physical MIDI cables, or MIDI-over-USB ?
    I discovered that the MIDI I/O of my Virus are not detected if my USB joystick is plugged. Maybe you could try to unplug every USB device except the Virus, just to see?

• Hi mate - sorry for the delay in responding.

I use it via the USB connection - therefore I'll try and remove all other USB connections quickly (I'm doing this as I type) And hey presto it's worked : ) The latency seems to have become pretty slow though - Any hints on picking this up? Preferably getting it back to "real time" would be amazing : )

Anyways thanks mate - look forward to you your response.

All the best,

Alex

• The latency seems to have become pretty slow though

What DAW are you using? What's your audio buffer size set to? Are you using the Virus TI Control plugin?

I don't think your latency issue comes from the MIDI controller : it's always on the audio side. Maybe some audio device got its settings reset when unplugged?

Cheers