Virus USB ASIO driver doesn't make a sound

• Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the Virus, bought my Virus Snow a few days ago. But I'm a technical person, so I'm quite capable of handling some technical info ;)

Anyways, everything is working fine. However, with my Virus USB ASIO Driver selected as an audio device I'm not hearing a damn thing (I do hear audio via ASIO4all selected however). I had the same thing going on at my work PC, so I believe I'm overlooking something incredibly stupid here. However I've been Googling for an hour or so and cannot find a solution, and rarely seem to find a similar topic (only one on infekted.org, without a reply).

In Ableton I can see the meters moving, so there is actually audio being transfered. Even in Windows when I select it as my default audio device, and play music through it the meter in the Playback Devices (under the speaker icon) moves.

Specs:
    Win7 x64
    Access Virus Snow via USB only
    Ableton 8.2

Thank you :)

• Make sure to check all possible places along the signal path - any fader set too low? any plug not connected well?

Yeah but what am I supposed to do if the meters are moving? What else can I possibly change to have some audible feedback? And which plugs by the way, I am ONLY using USB. And USB doesn't work when it's in half way. Or am I not supposed to only use USB?

• I've got 2 outs, no input on. I've tried all three modes, no success whatsoever. Also tried all "surround output" L+R's.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/1p7x2.png]

No luck :(

As for audio out, I only have USB and the power plug in the back. Seeing Windows is receiving audio feedback (meters moving) I assumed no audio out cable was required because it's functioning as a soundcard. Is an audio out cable required?

By the way flabberbob thanks for your time and effort to help me out here. I really appreciate it a lot.

• I assumed no audio out cable was required because it's functioning as a soundcard. Is an audio out cable required?

Of course it is! :D
    Plug your speakers directly to the analog outs of your Virus, or use the "headphone" plug if you want to hear something.

• OK that wasn't entirely clear. That's why I said multiple times I use USB only. It wasn't completely clear to me as I'm not too familiar with external soundcards and such, but it makes sense now. I just thought it would send its audio to my PC's onboard card, only with better latency. Gotta get some cables then soon :)

One small question on the side. Am I able to play audio from my Snow WITHOUT having to start my DAW and WITHOUT MIDI cables? Preferably starting Virus Control in some sort of stand-alone mode to still have easy access to all patch parameters.