Stand Alone Virus Control for USB control

• I'm sure many of us out there would love to have this! I don't want to have to launch cubase just to use the Virus control and I don't want to install some hokey free DAW software (VSTi Host) just to run the virus control.

I need to be able to search my presets!

Thanks.

• Actually no it does not... without those abilities VC becomes what is called a librarian editor.. Such software has the ability to manage, select and edit patches and modify control and set operational parameters.... a librarian/editor assumes you have midi into the unit for note selection (a keyboard/controller) and audio out of it for playback..

That would mean to add to VC the capabilities to listen to a MIDI in port and feed an audio out port, in order to play the patches you search, since as a plugin it relies on the DAW to give it the MIDI data, and take the audio away from it.

• I'm sure many of us out there would love to have this! I don't want to have to launch cubase just to use the Virus control and I don't want to install some hokey free DAW software (VSTi Host) just to run the virus control.

I need to be able to search my presets!

Thanks.

Hi, I had major issues with VSTHost when I moved from xp to win7/64.. I saw miniHost mentioned in another thread and it works fine... no real need for Access to reinvent the wheel.