• HI, i am having a strange problem using the multimode. i have tested with two patches and am unable to understand what i am doing wrong.
    I am using an axiom 25.
    the keyboard is set to channel one and i assign a patch on my virus to channel 1. when i press the keys only the patch on channel one sounds.
    the pads on the axion are set to channel 10, on my virus i set multi 2 patch also to 10, but when i hit the pads, both timbres sound instead of just midi channel 10.
    the axiom doesnt seem to be the problem as i have tested with other equipment and the midi channels funtion fine.
    any ideas to correct this?
    Thanks

• Thanks for your suggestion Flabberbob, I found the problem.

Multimode does not have a global midi channel. Each of the 16 timbres is assigned a midi channel by default. These can be changed; this is where I got confused.
    When you select only 2 timbres both 1 and two are assigned midi channel 1 and 2 as well
    keyboard part for midi 1, when I changed timbre 2 to midi channel 10, timbre 10 was also assigned midi channel ten by default and was sounding even if I had only chosen 2 timbres.