Virus C needs reboot for have sound

• Hello,

I bought a virus C the last week. This is the second time I buy a Virus C, so I know it a little bit.
    The OS is at the last 6.6 version but the problem was already existing before at the version 6.5.

I have a very weird issue.

I control it from an Elektron Monomachine, and it seems to work fine.
    The clock is correctly received, as the midi notes.
    Volume is set to 127, but I cannot hear any sound.

I shutdown the Virus C and I turn it on again and magically the sound play!

Does someone experienced this issue before?

Thanks

Matthieu

• Can you 100% exclude there is no Midi Volume controller message (Midi CC no.7) send to this Virus c unit?
    Or the other way around: can you get the Monomachine to send a Midi CC no.7 at 127 to the Virus on all channels to check if the sound still is silent after that?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Was this problem solved?

Cause it seems like the start of my issue:

The sound just drop out, then I discovered that the part you are playing changes out, es.: part 1 sound routed on exit 1 starts coming out from another out, like 3
    And this would require a re-start. Same problem sequencing with Monomachine, with Ableton or Cubase and with a directly connected MIDI keyboard.

Then, some months later, I have this issue:
    When turned on initially, everything functions perfectly. After a short period of time, the loaded preset sound drops out and terrible screeching high pitch noises can be heard. The machine is again OK after being switched off momentarily. Sometimes it stays working properly longer than others - there seems to be no consistency in when it fails."

I have replaced the CR2032 Battery as well, I have replaced also the fuse… the problem is still here!!

Thanks so much for any help.