Possible to use Atomizer AND Virus Control at the same time?

• Hey guys, just messing around with my new Polar, and I was having trouble getting Atomizer to work when Virus Control was open. Actually, it doesn't work at all when the USB cable is plugged in. I'm using a MBP, Logic 9.01, OS X 10.6.1, and a TI2 Polar. I send an audio track out of Logic through one of my soundcards outputs, and into the TI's analog inputs, then load up one of the Atomizer presets as the manual suggests. At this point, I can see the audio coming into the Virus Control plug-in and hear it in Logic, but pressing the keys on the Polar does nothing in terms of the Atomizer.

I also tried using the USB 3 outs/1 input and sidechaining in Logic, but that doesn't seem to work either. If I close Virus Control and remove the USB cable from the Polar (just using the analog ins and outs at this point), then it works fine. Marc, I know you're a Logic user, are you able to do this?

• Thanks Marc, it's good to be back. I'll keep messing with this then, see if I can't figure out if it's an issue on my end, thanks.

• Yeah, something funky is going on here for sure. I can get audio into the TI fine either via the sidechaining in Logic, or sending it out the physical outs of my soundcard. When I used the sidechaining method though, all the audio is extremely distorted (clipping), and there's no way to lower the volume at the inputs in Atomizer mode as far as I can tell. When I send the audio to the TI's analog inputs, Atomizer does nothing as long as the USB is connected. If I pull the USB cable, then I can start pressing keys and hear the result of the Atomizing.

• i'm also getting distortion when running thru the virus for fx and atomizer via logic bussing. 3.3 beta is the virus OS.

:huh:

Logic 9.02 / Apogee Duet / 48k ONLY / Access Virus TI keyboard / MacPro Quad 2.66 / 10.6.2 OSX