Virus TI2 Polar backup and restore after update to OS 4.5.3.00

• I am a newbie to Virus TI synths as only 2 days ago I bought a secondhand Virus TI2 Polar.
    I browsed through the single patches that the original owner had created and found some really nice sounds that I wanted to keep and use (I noted down their preset numbers like "I 86").
    Yesterday, I backed up the whole machine via VCC (got approx. 2,1 MB vtibackup file). Of course, I wanted to try Virus as it was preloaded by Access, so I updated the OS to the latest version 4.5.3.00 and as I expected, all RAM and ROM banks were loaded with fresh access default patches.
    Then, I decided to restore the backed up file, but to my great surprise, the sounds under my favorite preset numbers did not sound like the ones I liked at all after the restore completed successfully - these surely were different patches altogether (not sure about the names).
    Is that possible or did I just make a silly newbie mistake?

In the future I would like to learn backups of inidividual banks or patches of course, but now I am just getting hands on this powerfull machine.
    Thanks a lot for help.

DAW: ProTools MP9
    Audio Interface: M-Audio NRV10
    Virus TI OS:4.5.3.00
    ---------------------------
    Synths : Alesis Andromeda A6, Virus Ti Polar,Nord Electro 3, DSI Tetra