TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta has been released

• Tested today on my 64 bit win7 slice:

Intel Core i7cpu 920 @ 2.67GHz
    6.00 GB ram
    64-bit Windows 7
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Ableton Live 7.0.3

Having an issue with VERY slow gui response out of the plugin. I do not have this problem with 32bit windows xp. However, I was having this issue with Windows Vista 32 and Windows 7 32 when tested. I would say the display is updating at maybe 2-4 frames per second. When swapping between tabs (Osc, Filter, LFO etc) it takes about 1.5 seconds for the display to change.

I loaded up my latest project (with 16 TI parts + other plugins) and everything played just fine. But the display is so sluggish, I'll doubt I'll want to keep working on this side of my computer (back to XP until we can get this a little better).

Any thoughts? The system is no less than 4 months old. Also, I went into "Advanced System Settings" under "Performance" and set it to "Adjust for best performance." Obviously, this makes the windows theme more generic and removes a lot of the attractive traits in win7. It seemed to have little to no effect on the display performance of the plugin

Anyway, thanks Access for your dedication. I hope this information helps. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Win 7 X32 In Cubase 4.5.2 Virus InterFace feels very slowly and many cod
    but work ok!!!

Ti Desktop 3.1.0.0+Novation SL 61
    Win7x32 On Mother Gigabyte GA965 S-3
    Cubase4.5.2
    RME FF400
    UAD2-SOLO
    2XPowercorePCI MKII

• THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von grow ()

• I guess im an idiot..can't find it. Anyone got a link?

Virus TI Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.04 and APC40, Windows XP 32 (vista 64 on my laptop), waves, psp's, magix, sonnox, GT Condenser Mic, EMU 1616m pci soundcard, Event Monitors, Core i7 3.3,6 gigs ram, two velociraptors in a raid 0, two 1tb's in raid 1.

• Well, well. 2 arp patches on VC channels 1 and 2 on separate USB outputs and another AU running an arp, locked tight, no glitch when the TI is not selected and not in record mode. By jove, I think you've done it! I may be on my way out to pickup a TI2. Nothing short of fantastic work. Try getting another company to turn fixes around that quickly. Hats off to you folks. :)

However, as the project starts to fill up with more plugins etc, the glitch seems to manifest itself again although not as bad as before.

• I tried installing the 32bit version today on Windows 7 32bit and had problems with the install.

During the install the installer asks you to connect the Virus, then normally asks you to remove then reconnect. On Windows 7 it asks you to connect and immediately prompts with the 'Do you wish to install a second Virus' type message, so you can't get back to the previous USB driver installer window to complete the install. If you say NO to installing the second virus the driver installation failed message appears.

I'm running an Intel i7 chip on a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, so it's 4 cores multi-threaded. This may be an issue as I think threads may not be synced properly, and the 'Install a second driver' thread is jumping in before the USB driver is fully installed.

Any ideas?

• ok Access.... :rolleyes:

I am using Windows 7 Professional x64 for a week now, how about Windows 7 64bit drivers?

I know Windows 7 is not out yet but i am in the academy MSDNAA group so i was able to grab this for free.

:thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Due to lack of feedback I tried installing Windows 7 64 bit edition and it installed fine, however I now have another major problem.

If I load up the Virus Control (connected via USB) and select patch ChordMe, or any arpegio patch for that matter and hold a chord, it plays for about 2 secs before getting totally messed up. It is almost like random data is being sent down the USB to the Virus, with random notes and conter changes being sent.

As mentioned in my last post I am using an Intel i7 chip on a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard.

Any ideas, I'm getting desperate!

• I checked this out as I have the same Motherboard,
    mine stays in sync on patch ChordME with a 4 note chord held for over a minute.
    Intel Core i7 920 4ghz, Gigabyte EX58-UD5.

I would suggest you need to reinstall the software & drivers.

What host program are you using?
    What USB port are you plugging the TI into and what else in on it?

• I also checked to see if I have problem with ChordMe patch. No problem at all here. Gigabyte EX58-UD4P i920 @ 4.2Ghz. Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

• Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 with Ableton Live 8, install went fine, but VC is very laggy when changing between pages (eg. from Browser to OSC), and when changing some parameters.

Oddly enough, I've noticed that some parameters do not suffer from lag.

eg most things on the OSC page are fine, and the amplifier section of the Filter page is fine, but the Filter Common: OSC Vol slider is horribly laggy.

Likewise, the Filter 1 Resonance knob is fine, but Filter 2 Resonance knob is laggy.

But generally things are a bit unresponsive and slow :(

• I think this GUI related slowness fix should be first priority.

• Same thing here. I don't have any other USB devices except for my keyboard and mouse. Intel i7 2.67ghz, ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard.

• h4nc0 and everybody else discussing "slowness" issues -

are we all talking about the same issues? when you say GUI, do you mean how fast the virus control plug-in window is being drawn or how snappy the knobs feel?

best, marc

Hi Marc, this is exactly what I have noticed. Turning knobs, selecting parameters etc, all seem very sluggish. They seem to be delayed when using them and they are not very accurate due to their slow nature to respond. Running XP didn't have these problems, but Windows 7 x64 does.

• Hi Marc, this is exactly what I have noticed. Turning knobs, selecting parameters etc, all seem very sluggish. They seem to be delayed when using them and they are not very accurate due to their slow nature to respond. Running XP didn't have these problems, but Windows 7 x64 does.

using Windows 7 here, GUI is also sluggish, please fix