TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta has been released

• h4nc0 and everybody else discussing "slowness" issues -

are we all talking about the same issues? when you say GUI, do you mean how fast the virus control plug-in window is being drawn or how snappy the knobs feel?

best, marc

Yes. I am talking about the general response/feel of Virus Control GUI. Not the time it takes to start up the plugin.

• Yes. I am talking about the general response/feel of Virus Control GUI. Not the time it takes to start up the plugin.

ya, switching between views (BROWSER, OSC, FX 1, etc) is really slow, playing with all the knobs and parameters are lagging/delayed. plugin start up time is fine.

• Installed virus software on 64bit vista no problems there. Message (no virus ti to be found
    please proceed as following
    - remove all cable
    - wait for 30 seconds
    - hold the exit key while pluggin in power
    - USB mode
    - plugin the USB cable)

Still no virus found ?(

i7 965 extreme vista 64 3 gig ram

• because you have a computer not suitable for x64.

It is working great on vista x64 (using windows 7 atm though).

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• because you have a computer not suitable for x64.

Oh, i didn't know we're having clairvoyants around here... however, you're not very good at inspecting peoples computers by sheer mind power :thumbdown:, maybe you should consider some additional training sessions. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise on an AMD64 X2 6000+ with 8GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD4670, more than enough for running an x64 OS, and guess what, except for the TI Plugin everything is running absolutely fine, no lags, no CPU hogs :rolleyes:

• 32 or 64bit plugin?

-timo

Both for me - the whole DAW (FL Studio) slows down while the GUI is open; close the editor window and the problem disappears. It is mainly with changing pages, etc. but knobs i guess aren't 'snappy' because of the general slow down...

• For me the 64bit beta worked flawlessly in Windows 7 and inside Cubase 5... however this doesn't do me much good as half of my other plugins don't work in the 64bit version of Cubase so I switched back to the 32bit version of Win7.

Switching back to the 32bit Beta for the Virus TI... DOESN'T work in Windows. It works in Cubase as an ASIO device, but isn't recognized by Win7 32bit as a sound device. So I can make music, but never listen to any audio outside of a DAW.

Urg.

• Last night I grabbed the 3.3.0 version and installed it on my Xp x64 system. All seemed well. All drivers except the midi driver installed automatically. It was recognized though, after instructing Windows to search automatically the driver installed. The Virus didn't update however. It stated "connected", no additional info. The installer after a while reported finished successfully. The Virus reported still the old OS. The Virus control center didn't find the Virus right away. I needed to update the USB connection, which I did. The control center tried to update the OS, with the same result.
    After that I removed the software and changed USB port. New install went ok. Only the midi driver again didn't install automatically. I finished that before progressing the install and this time everything went smoothly. Working great. Finally I can use my Virus in my setup!! Thanks a lot.

I wonder why, although the installer requests the 32 bit VST location, there is no actual 32 bit plug in installed. I opened the 64 bit plug in in a 32 bit application without a problem however. Anyway, great job! :thumbup:

Used the plug in in ACID 7. Scanning took some time. The Plug in didn't show in the VST list (for the record, I copied the dll into the 32 bit VST plug in section). Luckily ACID has a plug in manager that allows you to see the failed plug ins. The Virus was listed there. I instructed ACID to scan it again... et voila! It is working ok now..

• I opened the 64 bit plug in in a 32 bit application without a problem however. Anyway, great job! :thumbup:

I doubt that. the 32bit application can only open the 32bit dlls.

Used the plug in in ACID 7. Scanning took some time. The Plug in didn't show in the VST list (for the record, I copied the dll into the 32 bit VST plug in section). Luckily ACID has a plug in manager that allows you to see the failed plug ins. The Virus was listed there. I instructed ACID to scan it again... et voila! It is working ok now..

just for the record: don't copy the DLLs around, point the installer to the directory you are using. If you use more than one hosts, choose a common directory and point the hosts to it. In case of any update, your copied DLLs are completely wasted and might be incompatible.

-timo

• When I write I opened the plug in in Acid 7, you can bet your life on that. I'm not in the habit of being called a liar. I know how to point my hosts to a VST directory, which of course is a common one. As I posted before Access did not install a plug in in the 32 bit VST directory, although the installer requests the location. The 64 bit VST directory is NOT a directory you want to point your 32 bit VST host to. As is quite often the case, my guess is the plug in itself is not 64 bit, just the audio driver. Therefor things work just fine, with a little push here and there. I made a screen shot, but it seems I can not attach that to a post. Sorry about that.

• Oh, i didn't know we're having clairvoyants around here... however, you're not very good at inspecting peoples computers by sheer mind power :thumbdown:, maybe you should consider some additional training sessions. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise on an AMD64 X2 6000+ with 8GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD4670, more than enough for running an x64 OS, and guess what, except for the TI Plugin everything is running absolutely fine, no lags, no CPU hogs :rolleyes:

Was only helping you find the answer why it doesn't work for you. FUCK OFF.

Ow and maybe it's because u use AMD, thats kinda weak compared to INTEL so it could be your chipset and processorpower that lacks. No hate FUCK OFF.

• I tried to be as positive as possible there but his name is doing it.

By the way, Windows 7 enterprise does not exist. it is shown here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
    Personaly i run Windows 7 Professional as i am a member of MSDNAA.
    I think you are kinda childisch as you are overreacting on someone trying to help you sort things out. The fact thay you can't handle a reply from me telling your system may not be very suitable for musicproduction isn't my fault. No offence though but your name alone verifies what i am telling here.
    @ Prime NL, ach, het is een beetje woordspeling he. Zijn naam roept erom. :whistling:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()