TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta has been released

• Hi there - first post, sorry it's going to be a longish explanation! I am using Vista 64-bit and so was super excited to see the new drivers as I could experience VC for the first time. However, as I am installing 3.3 the drivers install fine but the windows program seems to think that it has completed updating the Virus firmware before it has. Therefore the Virus crashes half way through updating the firmware. The only thing that can be done is pulling the plug and putting the synth into update mode.

Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and it attempted to install the firmware again but couldn't find the TI - it stuck on the Scanning for TI screen. I tried this many times - I then decided to try the 32 bit version on my laptop - same issue. So I rolled back to 3.05 on my 32 bit laptop (since this can't be done on my 64 bit PC) and this worked fine. Tried installing 32 bit 3.3, exact same thing happened - the Virus crashed half way through and had to be rolled back to 3.05 in update mode. I have tried this sooo many times that I am now thoroughly frustrated - can anyone help? I was really surprised to see that no one else has this issue!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

• It looks like the midi device is not being installed correctly. I've no idea whether this is still is a limitation in Vista 64, but Windows has a limitation of 10 midi devices. Every time you plugin a device in a different USB port a new one gets installed. This issue might prevent the Virus from establishing a midi connection to do the update. In your laptop you can use the free Midifixutil from M-audio to solve that problem. For Vista you'll probably have to check your registry and do the un-installs yourself.

Good luck!

• Hi there - first post, sorry it's going to be a longish explanation! I am using Vista 64-bit and so was super excited to see the new drivers as I could experience VC for the first time. However, as I am installing 3.3 the drivers install fine but the windows program seems to think that it has completed updating the Virus firmware before it has. Therefore the Virus crashes half way through updating the firmware. The only thing that can be done is pulling the plug and putting the synth into update mode.

Then, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and it attempted to install the firmware again but couldn't find the TI - it stuck on the Scanning for TI screen. I tried this many times - I then decided to try the 32 bit version on my laptop - same issue. So I rolled back to 3.05 on my 32 bit laptop (since this can't be done on my 64 bit PC) and this worked fine. Tried installing 32 bit 3.3, exact same thing happened - the Virus crashed half way through and had to be rolled back to 3.05 in update mode. I have tried this sooo many times that I am now thoroughly frustrated - can anyone help? I was really surprised to see that no one else has this issue!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

At all times ignore any action from your OS! Just run the installer and don't do anything that isn't been instructed by your installer and you will be fine.

But for what you mention there you should contact technical support, though i can tell you what to do as well.

Unplug your TI from the outlet.

Wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Then to turn on your Virus TI press and hold EDIT + ARP ON Button until it startup.

Run the installer again and don't you ever click anything from your OS! :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Was only helping you find the answer why it doesn't work for you. FUCK OFF.

Ow and maybe it's because u use AMD, thats kinda weak compared to INTEL so it could be your chipset and processorpower that lacks. No hate FUCK OFF.

Ok, to come back in FUCK OFF's story. He might be actualy having a point there. Ok his system is much weaker than mine as i use INTEL core 2 duo 3,33mhz extreme (clocked to 4.2ghz) with also 8gigs of ddr3 1600mhz ram. In Cubase 5 it shows more use of cpu than is normal. When i try to export the song in realtime for the Virus TI eventualy i get a CPU overload and the export stops.
    So yes, there is definitley something wrong with this beta. But that's the reason why it is beta ofcourse. ;)

I can also tell it happens faster when trying to export to MP3 320bit at high quality mode and chunk files on.

Also i have tried to export the song as wave and there the overload only happened at the end of the track resulting in the same problem "no song exported"

But a good point for the developers to look at.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• First post for me.... I have a MacBook running Logic 9.0.1 on OSX 10.6.1. My VIrus TI Snow is connected via USB. It was working fine as an audio device under the 2.7 Virus SW release, but when I (mistakenly) upgraded to 3.1, I stopped getting audio out through my Macbook's headphone jack as soon as I opened the Virus Control Interface. I then upgraded to the 3.3 beta, but the problem persists. Logic appears to be getting the audio via usb, as I can see the audio levels moving appropriately in the mixer interface with only USB attached, but it is not being routed out of the MacBook's headphone jack. I am currently working around the problem by connecting the Snow's audio out to line in on the Macbook and using the MacBook as my audio device, but would like to get it working properly. Could I have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, or is it a bug? Help! ?(

PS: I installed 3.1 without uninstalling 2.7, and then installed 3.3 without uninstalling. I then went back and did an uninstall/reinstall of 3.3, but still no joy.

Thanks in advance!

Robert.

• That was good advice, thanks! Just updated smoothly - I also used a USB port on the back of my PC instead of the front.

Now to test out VC for the first time! :D

• Athlon X2 3.2GHz here - records/exports fine on 64-bit here, especially when the editor window is closed...

The slowdown just means it is a bit slow rather running like a dream - not that it doesn't run well enough to work at all...

• OK, new problem with Win7 x86 in FL Studio... I'm not sure of the route of this yet, but in VC mode using a midi OUT channel - notes are playing at precisely 1/16th note late, at any tempo and at any buffer size - live mode on or off, USB out or analogue/SPDIF out...

Fixed

• Was only helping you find the answer why it doesn't work for you. FUCK OFF.

Ow and maybe it's because u use AMD, thats kinda weak compared to INTEL so it could be your chipset and processorpower that lacks. No hate FUCK OFF.

Sorry, but you were anything but helpful, you were not giving hints or something, you've just made a statement without knowing any facts, in other words your reply was completely useless. And you're going on with it, now you're jumping on the "AMD isn't as good as Intel bash train", that's the kind of reply i would expect from a 12 year old. 2x3GHz are more than enough for running W7, Cubase S4 and the TI Plugin, not matter if it's AMD or Intel, come on, it's just the GUI of a VSTi, it's not doing protein folding calculations or something...

I tried to be as positive as possible there but his name is doing it.

By the way, Windows 7 enterprise does not exist. it is shown here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
    Personaly i run Windows 7 Professional as i am a member of MSDNAA.
    I think you are kinda childisch as you are overreacting on someone trying to help you sort things out. The fact thay you can't handle a reply from me telling your system may not be very suitable for musicproduction isn't my fault. No offence though but your name alone verifies what i am telling here [...]

Tthere's no need to feel offended by my user name, i was just pissed off that also access now started forcing people to register (with serial numbers) just for downloading drivers and stuff, i just can't stand registering for every single piece of s**** i'm buying.

Oh and Windows 7 Enterprise, there you go, feel free to try it: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

• hi,
    let me just comment on why we altered the registration procedure: of course a serial number certainly helps to keep this forum clean when it comes to spam mains and spam bot registration. but also, it allows us to create a closed forum for all those who actually own a virus. having only registered users hopefully helps to keep the "noise" ratio low, in fact, so far, we are thrilled with the overall attitude and mood in here :)
    from a personal point of view, i can understand that not having to register is more convenient for you. at the same time, i think it's fair to say that you hardly find a place these days where you just download away. it's give and take - i think we offer a lot in terms of software updates and support, having to register as a user should be okay in return.

as for your user name, you have received a private note.

best, marc

• i think we offer a lot in terms of software updates and support, ...

On that note Marc - any thoughts from anyone on my last post?

Edit Ok, for the record - at least i checked - I zoomed in and found that the pattern blocks were actually displaced, this was the source of my woes. I'm glad that it was that simple, though...

Also, the last issue with timing issues on an LFO was never resolved, either...

You are right though, on the whole Access support is second to none...

• Probably because it refers to a discussion you were not part of...

ah right :thumbup:

• I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and I've got the same problem as many here: the installation hangs on "searching for Virus...", Virus Control doesn't see my Virus Snow, and in device manager there is "Device cannot start (Code 10)" error.
    However, when booting Snow in the "USB update" mode, Virus Control Center is able to see it and updates the OS properly.
    I've tried connecting Virus to all possible USB ports, tried disconnecting all other USB devices, but the problem is still the same.
    My PC config is: Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard, Core i7 860 CPU, 4 GB RAM

• For me, this has been the easiest update I've had with any version of the Virus. I didn't even have to unplug it or plug it back in. Just clicked through the prompts.
    I put in both 32 and 64 bit versions. My 64 shows up in a separate VST 3 plug-in folder, and the 32 shows up in the x86 vst plug-in folder.
    Both seem to be working fine, as far as I can tell.

• Sometimes Virus Control is not starting up in Logic (9.02). usually stalls with white bars about half way round..

Just happened again. Was creating a patch with just Noise which started to glitch out so I restarted Logic and Virus (Power off/on) but Virus Control would not boot. I reset Virus (Arp Edit) But no luck.

A reboot of OS and reset of Virus always fixes the problem.

OS X 10.5.8
    Logic 9.02
    Mac Pro 2.8x8 6gb ram

Thanks

spanda