TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta has been released

• Yup I was wrong about the missing banks. There's no change between 3.1 and 3.3.

Though the VC in 3.3 is totally unusable for me. It still never gets past the Starting Up radial progress bar thing.

• Okay so this is not a "known issue" or anything. I'll continue the discussion with them...

it is not a general issue, it basically means that something gets stuck while virus control is initialising. in case we can nail down a pattern, we'll fix it of course, but it seems that this side effect is mainly caused by communication problems and those can be usually overcome.

best, marc

• Okay talked to them and it's all sorted. Access has REALLY good support by the way.

In case anyone else wants to know: if you're getting odd issues such as the Virus Control never able to fully start up, or it goes out of tune, or strange little audio glitches...you may be like me and have never used a USB audio device before...all of my stuff is firewire or just plain MIDI. The problem is probably an overload or conflict with some other USB devices you have on your USB hub. So what I did was start with just the Virus plugged in and everything else unplugged (except mouse and keyboard), run the VC, it works great, then plug in the next thing, run VC again, etc, until you find either the VC won't load or is causing problems or the latency gets really bad all of a sudden. Then you have an idea of which devices is causing problems. And what you do is move that device to another port on the computer itself (not on the hub). Or if you can, give the Virus a port all on its own on your computer and let everything else run on another port. Worked for me.

So after that was sorted, this 3.3 beta of the OS has been working flawlessly.

• Hi all,

Not sure, but I seem to recall the vocoder patches hanging before this beta version but wanted to check if anyone else has the same experience. I was trying to vocode a vocal the other evening, but when selecting the preset vocoder patches you get hanging notes, seems the same on every vocoder patch. The only way to stop them hanging is by pressing the panic buttons on the synth. Perhaps I am not using them correctly? I've used plenty of vocoders in the past mind so it does seem like very odd behaviour. Would be great if anyone could confirm either fault or user error!

Cheers.

Mac Pro 3Ghz 8 core, 12GB RAM, SL 10.6.2, Logic 9.0.2, Virus TIMK1Keyboard.

• A VC bug:

In the browser:
    make a search for a category (classic here) in the first list (top one)
    open a personal mid setlist in the bottom list
    empty it (select all, right clic, delete)
    now when you try to put a preset from first top list to second one, it doesn't work, nothing is copied

Solution:
    load the select sound to copy into a virus path
    take it from the path list to put a copy of it in the personal list

Second bug:
    doing that, the name of the presets in the top list are renamed? it's very disapointing... :wacko:

• I have the following issue with TIOS 3.3.0.00 (Mac running OSX 10.4.11 & Dedicated USB Card) :

Have no problem with this TIOS running it standalone but as soon as i try to connect it to the Virus Control Centre or the plugin in my DAW it does not recognize the Virus at all.
    Tried all tricks to let the Virus be recognized again (Exit button, ARP Edit button, different USB ports, no other stuff connected to USB...etc..) but to no avail.

What i do notice though is that the Virus is recognized when i run the installer application, so as soon as it wants to install. the firmware with the installer app. it recognizes the Virus and will install. this accordingly.
    Also remarkable is the fact that the Virus can be found in the hardware diagnostics app....when looking at my USB ports it says Virus TI to the one which it is connected to.

I switched back to TIOS 3.2.0.07 and everything works as it should be concerning the problem i had with the Virus not being recognized by my computer....as soon as i switch to TIOS 3.3.0.00 again the Virus is not recognized.
    (To test my theory i have done this several times including shutdowns or restarts of my computer and it is reproducable)

I hope this can be solved in the next Beta release as i think there is a difference between the USB drivers in TIOS 3.2.0.07 and those of TIOS 3.3.0.00 for the Mac.

• For me the installer en TI works flawless except for all other plugins that are not recognized by Cubase 5. Think that's a Cubase bridge thing (i use Windows 7 OS).

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I'm getting random crashes in logic pro9.2 on snow leopard 10.6.2. The crash allways happens when i click the save button in logic.
    I no its the virus 3.3 beta that causes the crash, as when I dont use it via the Virus control it doesn't crash.

Any help would be much appreciated .

• Ever since installing 3.3 I have had connection issues. I have gone back to the previous beta which now has the same problems and then to 3.1 which starts better in logic 9.02 at least.

The problems are only apparent with 5m usb connection. however I have not moved it (until now) and it was fine until the 3.3 update.

Now under 3.1 virus control usually starts up ok (slowly though) and works for a while but the looses audio. It still passes midi to though.

under 3.3 it will not start up at all, gets to 1 bar in virus control.

I have tried a shorter usb cable (which doesn't work with the studio design) and its ok and as it needs to be in the position it is I have tried everything I can to fix it but no luck...

I have tried all 5 USB ports on my mac pro, updated and rolled back with the normal installer method, EXIT when starting up virus, Virus Control Centre. It was originally on a 5 meter USB extension with a two meter USB cable (so was working with 7 meters in total) so I bought a 5 meter USB cable which hasn't helped and have tried through a powered USB hub (with just the Ti on it) but that was worse.

If I reset it in Logic with 3.1 on it I can get the audio back for a few minutes.

Sometimes it looses connection while updating firmware and sometimes Virus Control Centre cannot see it until I reseed the USB or reboot it.

This never happened before os 3.3 update, not one connection problem.

Any ideas, I'm busy at the moment and its in every song I'm working on so my only other option is a studio furniture rebuild (Build a bigger desk and sink a rack space into it on the other side of the room) which means a fairly serious studio remodel to accommodate and apart from the Ti the whole studio is working well...

Do I need a new Ti, has os 3.3 damaged this one??

Help appreciated :)

• ahh yes, then it does this a lot...

"A communication error has occurred. The Virus Ti does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt"

When this happens the Virus Control gets about three quarters through load before error message and the audio still works for a while...

this is all on Mac pro 2x2.8 OS X 10.5.8, logic 9.02 or Ableton 8.1

• Bugger, with a short USB lead with the Ti being the only thing on the bus (easy to see in OS X with System Profiler and Ti gives message if anything else is on the bus which is good thanks) and OS 3.3 I still get "A communication error has occurred. The Virus Ti does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt", had to do a P-Ram reset as virus control and virus installer weren't seeing the Ti at all for a bit there.. Have audio for now so hopefully I'll be able to work and just not have Ram patches in sync..

• More Bugger, OS 3.3 looses audio with the short USB cable like 3.1 did with the Long USB :( Back to 3.1. Hope its still working????

Did you also try TIOS 3.2.0.07...???
    Cause i have the feeling that the USB drivers of this Beta release are different then the ones for TIOS 3.3.0.00

• Hi
    I'm working on Window 7 pro 64bit, and live 8.1, Virus control is 3.3.0.00
    VC display is slow.. but it's ok the whorse thing is latency
    I have a big latency when I press a key on my Virus and also when I play a midi clip . I can't do any record because this latency is random.

• Then i guess you installed the 32bit version on your 64bit os system. WHen i did that i had similar problems (or actualy have at this very moment). When i installed it for the first time on win7 x64 with x64 driver i had no problems but for all other plugs that aren't compatible with x64 os.

Try change your install and remove t he 32bit and go for 64bit then your problem about latecy and slow vc is solved.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• my Virus Ti software is 64bit, It was impossible for me to install 32 bit os. maybe you are talking about live, it should be 64 bit ?

edit : In ableton web site FAQ they talk about 64bit , it's not release yet ! actualy live is only 32bit . is it the reason of my latency ?