Is this the calm before the storm???

• So many posts about OS5 have circulated, but over the last week. Shhhhh, it's been scarily quiet.
    So quiet, that I'm coming to the believe that, that's all it is. To believe.
    So even after annoucement requests, they have expired. Leaving a belief to wither away.
    Users who are needing this to fix their machine bugs, are left with brain bugs instead.
    Access, you have always been gracious. But if you annouce something. Announce it !!

• You know I have to say it's getting absurd now. OS5 was announced during NAAM, we are almost 6 months past that. Unless they are really attempting to have a major game changing update that gets all the bugs out and make it run super stable it should not be taking this long. If you announce something during Jan in this information hungry society and then almost half a year later, while other companies that announced products during NAAM like UA with the Apollo, Moog with the Minitaur have shipped their products, your telling me that we can't even get a release date? Awesome. :thumbdown:

• I work in music retail and we have an inside joke: NAMM stands for Not Available, Maybe May!

Calm down, be patient and go produce some amazing electronic music...the world needs more great music!

• Jesus some people have no patience at all, aren't you pre occupied enough playing around with what's already a brilliant instrument?!

The problem is, once you announce something, I'm distracted and I can't fully function until it's been released :)
    It definitely is annoying, a few weeks until release is doable, but months and months and months isn't very fun anymore.

• The problem is, once you announce something, I'm distracted and I can't fully function until it's been released :)
    It definitely is annoying, a few weeks until release is doable, but months and months and months isn't very fun anymore.

Agreed. Especially with such a huge update such as this. And yes, it could be that we're just impatient, but personally this is the 1st time since I bought the virus (OS v2.x) that I've actually been slightly annoyed by the amount of time since announcement to release. And I'm pretty sure Access wasn't planning on it taking this long either, as they've missed the "ideal release time" (promotion wise) by a mile now...
    On the other hand, it's a free update, one of many, so we can't really complain... I just hope we see the new OS before the next NAMM :whistling:

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• We can hardly play with it properly
    until we have certain elements repaired!

I couldn't agree more. I've tried using the plugin for over 6 months, given up and tried again at least 5 times, and have finally completely given up and gone back to my ancient MOTU 828 Firewire interface. I don't have much confidence that the bugs preventing me from using the plugin will be fixed, but one can hope. The convenience of a single USB connection and easier access to patch parameters than menu diving on the front panel are very alluring, but the Flash Gordon zapping, radical oscillator drift, causing Live to crash, crackling noise, and sound quality degradation just aren't worth it.

• I suggest you guys talk to Access Support, I get next to no issues what so ever when using my Virus in Logic, and when I do they're 'caused by settings in Logic or the fact my Protools hardware doesn't like OS Lion. I think OS 4.5 is amazing and although I can't wait to get stuck into the new features announced to be part of OS 5 there's plenty more for me to learn about sound designing on the Virus with what I have already.

• ismism and scientificharmony,

lion and logic work for the vast majority of us just fine. so does ableton live. there are no open crash issues in OS 4.5.3
    if you don't mind me saying, please try not to compare when you talk about different things. ismism: i'm sure we can help you troubleshoot your system, access support is very skilled in this regard. scientificharmony, in the recent weeks you made sure that we know about your 48k problem. it took us a while to reproduce it and there will be a cure for it in the future. the issue you've reported only happens for a very few of us because most macs are just fine and you can switch to 48k and backwards without any problem.

marc