TI OS 5 - any release date?

• There are already 6 threads about the release date of OS5.
    Access never ever gave a release date in the past for a new OS version.
    So I think it's a little bit pointless to keep asking

• I think the new OS was announced too early. WNAMM 2012 was back in January, now it's almost June and still no OS5. I guess they wanted to have something new to announce for the show...

Maybe at Summer NAMM 2012 they'll announce OS 6, to be released in 2013. Hopefully, OS 5 will have been released before that announcement. :P

• here's an update for you:
    we did not announce a release date on NAMM because OS5 at this time was a technology preview. we were planning on a release last month, the update is feature complete but we ran into two issues we wanted to address before shipping the update. those issues were old issues and also present in OS4.x. as it turns out, addressing those issues takes more time than we anticipated in the first place, that's why you're waiting for the update since a while.
    we'll do out best to ship before the holiday season starts. in our opinion it is better to test a little more and wait a little longer, so hopefully you share this notion and manage to stay patient for a little longer.
    best, marc

• Thanks for the update.

I don't understand why Access has been so shy to disclose any news - I prefer the message that says "it is progressing, we have some issues to fix, and it would come before summer" rather that not having any communication. Even if it is not a very glorious message, at least it shows that Access cares and that they work for their customers.

By not communicating, Access always sends the message that it ignores its customers base (fan base).

• I don't understand why Access has been so shy to disclose any news - I prefer the message that says "it is progressing, we have some issues to fix, and it would come before summer" rather that not having any communication.

Marc & the rest of the Access guys must be in a difficult position when it comes to deciding if they should disclose any info about future updates, if they do mention anything some people will want it yesterday & start complaining how badly Access are treating them when the (free) update doesn't materialise quickly. If they say nothing & just release (free) updates then other people say they don't care for their customers enough - even though every improvement, new feature & upgrade to the OS has been made available for free, Access apparently doesn't care for it's customers enough.

Come on guys, we are all really lucky that Access does care for us enough to do all this additional work on top of creating a fantastic piece of equipment for us in the first place & make it available to us for free.

By not communicating, Access always sends the message that it ignores its customers base (fan base).

By bug fixing, upgrading OS & talking directly with their customers on their own forum, Access clearly sends the message that customer feedback is important & of value to them.

If you really want to know what it feels like to be kept in the dark, you should try reporting a bug to Apple or try to find out what the future holds for Logic…

• Thanks for the update.

I don't understand why Access has been so shy to disclose any news - I prefer the message that says "it is progressing, we have some issues to fix, and it would come before summer" rather that not having any communication. Even if it is not a very glorious message, at least it shows that Access cares and that they work for their customers.

i did relay something similar to what you suggest above some weeks ago, in another OS5 related thread though.
    best, marc

• I think any news are better than no news. Without any news or updates, there's no way for use to know whether you're working 14 hours a day to fix some bug before releasing the OS, or if you've all taken a 6-week vacation in the Bahamas. 8)

• Thanks for the info, Marc.

I think any news are better than no news

This.

It's much easier to wait for something you have a ETA on.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• here's an update for you:
    we did not announce a release date on NAMM because OS5 at this time was a technology preview. we were planning on a release last month, the update is feature complete but we ran into two issues we wanted to address before shipping the update. those issues were old issues and also present in OS4.x. as it turns out, addressing those issues takes more time than we anticipated in the first place, that's why you're waiting for the update since a while.
    we'll do out best to ship before the holiday season starts. in our opinion it is better to test a little more and wait a little longer, so hopefully you share this notion and manage to stay patient for a little longer.
    best, marc

Indeed - I'd rather a good update delayed for a little while than a bad one that is bad forever...

• I don't understand why Access has been so shy to disclose any news - I prefer the message that says "it is progressing, we have some issues to fix, and it would come before summer" rather that not having any communication. Even if it is not a very glorious message, at least it shows that Access cares and that they work for their customers.

It´s pretty obvious that they had to fix some issues, isn´t it? They rather stick to real news and skip the rest. Access is doing a lot of communication and the best customer care I ever experienced from a synth-manufactory.

• Debugging is a pain.
    By the time you finally had a module / feature / area done and tested,
    you have collapsed a completely different segment of the code
    inflicting trouble upon GUI, Audio or Midi or whatever... not mentioning it should work
    seamlessly on a plethora of platforms and drivers for all the TI range.
    Sure Access could release it when it was feature ready,
    but then users worldwide would flood this forum with complaints on bugs.

I agree it took Access some time to provide with an update,
    but all and all, these is no other company in the world
    that add capabilities to the product's sound engine,
    stuff that was not included in the first version!

Consider what you've got after you bought your TI:

ARP to Mod MTX, Comb and Vowel Filters, Uni/Bi Polar LFO, New Chorus section, Distortion Pedals,
    and in the future you are expecting additional envelopes and filters!

Come on people, lets be realistic here.
    No other synth in the world continues to upgrade YEARS after you purchase it - and free of charge.
    I think some gratitude is in order.

Thank you Access!!! :)