TI OS 5 - any release date?

• I got my virus ti five years ago, when i bought it, it was a incredible synth, since then they gave us more wavetables, additional oscilator modes, more efects algorithms, more modulation posibilities. Simply there isn't any synth company in the world who makes this and for free. I can undersand the wish to see the new OS as soon as posible, but critisize access for a delay in the release (as Marc says, for correcting bugs and release a more stable OS) is something I can not undersand. As we say in our country "es de bien nacido ser agradecido" (translation: "it is of noble birth to be thankful", well, more or less), so Thanks access for improving such incredible synth even more, and keep on doing this way.

• Well, I agree to many things said here - but I think the original question has already been answered, a simple question without all the interpretations that has been put in. 8)

Yes - develloping software is hard work
    Yes - bug fixing is a pain
    Yes - Access has excellent after sales OS upgrades

Guess most of us know this.

However the question just was about some more information... :whistling:

• here's an update for you:
    we did not announce a release date on NAMM because OS5 at this time was a technology preview. we were planning on a release last month, the update is feature complete but we ran into two issues we wanted to address before shipping the update. those issues were old issues and also present in OS4.x. as it turns out, addressing those issues takes more time than we anticipated in the first place, that's why you're waiting for the update since a while.
    we'll do out best to ship before the holiday season starts. in our opinion it is better to test a little more and wait a little longer, so hopefully you share this notion and manage to stay patient for a little longer.
    best, marc

Any chance those bugs are related to the VST consistently crashing Ableton Live (8.3), causing radical oscillator drift, random pitch bender spikes, and random artifacts introduced into the audio signal (recognized by a fellow Virus user in one of my pieces when it was played on Stillstream Radio)? Those have caused me to abandon the VST completely as unusable and not worth the trouble.

• Any chance those bugs are related to the VST consistently crashing Ableton Live (8.3), causing radical oscillator drift, random pitch bender spikes, and random artifacts introduced into the audio signal (recognized by a fellow Virus user in one of my pieces when it was played on Stillstream Radio)? Those have caused me to abandon the VST completely as unusable and not worth the trouble.

no. please contact support regarding the issues you're describing above. they'll help you to troubleshoot your system.

marc