Some expirience from my site (no expert at all, but some expirience with musicmaking since 20 years..)..
- Core2Duo Intel
- Mainboard Gigabyte ES45-DS3
- Windows XP SP3, all patches (Mai2012)
- USB Extension PCI Card to connect Virus via USB/PCI Bus and NOT using the onboard USB Interfaces.
When first installing Virus Installer on my system and using onboard USB Interface(s) i had trouble with stability.
Sometimes bluescreen, sometimes PC "freezes", sometimes Virus "freezes" - unuseable.
I fixed it with the following actions:
- tried all usb interfaces my mainboard has without success in stability. Then bought a PCI Card with additional USB Interfaces so the virus has its really own USB Bus via PCI and that did it...
- disconnected all not needed PCI Cards / USB devices from the system (incl. a RME DigiPAD PCI Soundcard, which i dont need anymore when virus does the job as soundcard)
So, for the moment everything is fine...